Sunday 18 June 2023

Weigh In Day and Back in the Crafting Groove. (May 8, 2023)

 Weigh In Day!

I was 212.2 lbs
I'm not going to lie, I was a little disappointed to see that number on the scale.
I was thinking I would finally be under the 210 mark as I have been all week.
I don't know what happened - probably all those peanuts.

It is still a loss though, .8 lbs.
I'm not giving up, just going to keep on trucking.

It was quite smoky out there this morning.
I think the rain we had yesterday helped a little with the fires but it wasn't enough.
Hopefully we get some more.

Freya was there with Mom at the house when I went home for lunch.
She normally gets upset when I have to go back to work but she was ok about it today.
Randy is coming to pick her up at 3:30 so she can go play with Zepplyn and she is looking forward to that.

I biked back to work - I left a bit early to go back so I added a little loop in.

After work, I was going to go for a good long bike ride.
The hills felt really tough today, I need to get better at them.
I had planned on doing about 10k but when I went by my place, I saw Kody was there so I went home to see if he needed something.

He was just picking up Freya - Randy hadn't come for her so they were going to pick Zepplyn up instead and take her to their house for a visit.

I wanted to get a run in today - the air quality likely isn't the best for running outside so I jumped on the treadmill instead.
I only ran 1.271 miles because my groin started hurting while I was running.
I wonder if it's from biking?
I push really hard on the pedals when I'm going up the hills and I do feel it in my groin.
I can't think of any other reason why it keeps flaring up.
Jason has us signed up to run a 10k on June 10 so I need to get running.

I did stay on the treadmill and just walked because I needed steps.

Oh my - what frizzy hair I have.
I didn't get all of my steps in but I wanted to make supper so I just got myself over the 10,000 mark and I went up to get supper started.
I'll get the rest of my steps later.

I decided to try this recipe for Sweet Korean Lentils that I saw on Runs For Cookies blog.
I had them over rice and they were delicious.
I'm not a huge rice person so while it was really good - I think next time I'll just have them as a side all on their own.

I was working on sanding some of the projects back that I'd painted yesterday, I love the rustic look.
I also got a stencil made on my cricut for one of the caddies.
Jason was out for a bike ride and he just happened to go by Kody's and Freya and Zepplyn were in the backyard playing and so he stopped to talk to them.
They begged him to take them for an ice cream so he came back and got me and we walked down there.

I don't know how interested the girls were in ice cream - they wanted to go to the park, they wanted to go to our place, they wanted to go to the Rexall for some reason.
At the store, Freya wanted to jump on the cement blocks - she loves doing this.

Zepplyn told me she doesn't like having her picture taken.

Me and my little sweetie pie.

They all did end up getting small ice cream cones.

I skipped the ice cream but I'm glad I went for the walk and got to see the girls and get the rest of my steps in.

When I got back home, I got the stencil put on one of the tool caddy's.
I also put a coat of wax on it so it is good to go.
I think it turned out pretty good.

I got this one sanded back but I'm not sure what I'm going to put on it yet.
Jason made it and I really like this one - before he takes it to the store he's going to get the pattern off it so he can make a few more.
I want to try making some moulds with my IOD moulds to put on it - I need to pick up some clay though and I think I would like to try resin too.
It looks really easy and it dries so much quicker.

I got the wreath finished up too.
It's kind of simple but I like that about it.

I love crafting and creating things so much - I don't know why I don't do it more often.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment