Sunday 18 June 2023

A Sad Mother's Day (May 14, 2023)

I don't know what happened but right after I went to bed last night I started to feel extremely nauseous.

I really thought I was going to be sick and laying in bed seemed to make it worse.

I went out to the living room and tried sitting up a bit - also spend some time just standing in the washroom to be close to the toilet just in case.

I never did get sick but it lasted for a few hours.

I finally did fall asleep eventually and I spent the night on the couch.

I was feeling super tired all day yesterday and couldn't figure out why so maybe it was kind of coming all day.

I felt better when I woke up this morning, still a bit tired.

Jason got up and headed out for a run and went back in and laid down with Freya for a bit and did fall back to sleep for a while.

Guess I needed it.

Today is Mother's Day and I'm having the family over for supper.

Freya had her birthday party to go to today and Kody ended up getting home from work in time to take her.

After he left I got the meatloaf into the oven then headed out for a walk.

Jason was just getting back from a bike ride and he joined me.

I decided to have potato salad with it - I didn't really feel like making it though so we walked down to the store and got one.

We also picked up some buns.

On the way there we ran into Alivia and Hunter so they came with us to the store then up to our place.

We walked by the park and the party was still going on - It was a gorgeous day - the splash park was turned on for the kids and they were having a lot of fun.

We saw Randy there with Zepplyn and I'd invited Crystal over for supper tonight the other day but I reminded Randy again today that they were welcome to come.

Jason had some papers (his will) that he wanted Mel to witness so we took them to her along with a piece of the strawberry dessert that Jason had made and Mother's Day cards for her from Mom and I.

We stopped and picked up Morgan on the way to our place and went by the park again, the girls saw us and wanted to come too so they also hopped in the car.

Everything was ready but Haylee was working until 5 so we waited until her and Kody arrived to have supper.

Mom, Rob, Morgan and I had a game of Skip-Bo.

It was fun, I don't know why we don't do it more often.

Randy and Crystal also came.

The only one we were missing was Adrien.

Now that Northwell is shut down pretty much he has been super busy.

As usual I was busy running around getting things prepared and I forgot to take pictures.

I got a few.

Rob, Mom and Morgan.

Alivia.

Chilling in the living room for a bit.

Mom and I.

We moved to the front step and eventually to the backyard where we all hung out for a bit.
Adrien did drop by after he finished work for some supper.
He's going to be super busy for the next couple weeks which is good but he will be tired.
Rob and Kody both offered to go help him if needed.

Everyone left to go home around 8 however, the kids wanted to go to the park and Jason offered to take them for a bit so he, I, Hunter, Zepplyn and Freya all walked down to the park.
I still needed a few steps so it was perfect.

As you can see, she is just wearing her bathing suit and it was plenty warm out for it.
I love days like this however, we really do need some rain.
There are still lots of wildfires burning currently in Alberta and new ones popping up every day.
A pile of rain would certainly help.

Around 8:30 Hunter headed home on his bike then we walked Zepplyn home.
Freya ended up coming to spend the night again as both Haylee and Kody are working early in the morning.
Just saves them from having to wake her up early and cart her out the door.

Kody's grandmother on his Dad's side, Nanny Trudy, passed away today.
She has been sick on and off for a long time but always seemed to pull through but then just this week was diagnosed with congestive heart and liver failure.
Even if they had an idea it was coming, it's still hard when it happens.
So a very sad Mother's Day for all of them and they are all definitely in my thoughts.

I haven't been tracking my points all week but I was doing well until this weekend when I kind of fell off the wagon.
So I'm not expecting a huge loss or anything tomorrow at weigh in - I don't think it will be that bad though.

I was hoping to get my blog entries for our Las Vegas trip done this weekend but that didn't happen.
Have to try to work on it this coming week.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment