Monday 19 June 2023

A Sky Full of Smoke and Ash (May 19, 2023)

As soon as I got up this morning I made a coffee and got right back to work on the puzzle.

I'm an addict and once I start, I can't stop. 

Mom helped me out with it too.
She likes puzzles as well but she isn't quite as addicted as I am.
I liked doing it at the island, it's higher than a table so I could see it better.

The place is really nice - I like the decor - I don't even really mind the deer head although it wouldn't really be my thing.
It's nice a spacious in here.

After we finished the puzzle, we took a trip into Barrhead so I could see Freya.
Turns out Mel and the kids were at a campground there as well so I went and picked up all the kids to take them for a blizzard at DQ.
By the look on Zepplyn's face you'd think I was taking them to do hard labor somewhere.

That's a bit better.

I took the girls over to Mel's camper to visit for a bit.
She has her cats with her of course so the kids had one of them out for a walk.
Freya is still in a lot of pain so we didn't keep her long, got her back to Kody so he could give her her next dose.
They are giving her medication every 3 hours.

Mom and I headed back to our airbnb - the smoke really rolled in this evening.

You could barely see anything.

You could really smell the smoke in the air too.

It was kind of surreal looking.

And you can kind of see in this picture how the ash was settling on everything making it look almost white.

Back out at our airbnb it was smoky too.

They have a really nice property here - Jason and I did go out for a short walk when he got home from work.
He gets here quite late though, it's a 45 minute drive plus nothing is open in Swan Hills so he has to drive all the way to the Fort to gas up each night then back to here.
It's usually around 8:30/9 by the time he gets home each night.

We just spend the evening hanging out and chatting.
There are cards here so Mom, Rob and I had a game of 3 to the King then Rob picked up a Skip-Bo game in town today so we had a couple of games of that too.

It would be nice if this place had a tv but it's also kind of nice that it doesn't because it's forcing us to find other things to do and really be with each other.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment