Sunday 18 June 2023

Our Girl is Under the Weather (Apr.26, 2023)

Freya had a bit of a tough night last night.
It was after 1am before she finally fell asleep then she was up again at 3.
She was uncomfortable and itchy - she was taking my hand and using it to scratch herself, her toes and her arms mainly.

Poor thing - she didn't sleep well and neither did I.
It was pretty tough getting up at 6 when my alarm went off this morning.

She was sleeping thankfully and it didn't wake her up, she needs it.

Jason called me at work around 9:30 am and said he was having a hard time getting her to eat something and she just wasn't feeling good again so I went to the store and picked up a few things I thought she might like.
Jello, yogurt (which is what she requested), animal crackers, juice, cheese and crackers and just a few other things.
Then I ran it up to the house.
She had a bit of the yogurt, one cracker and a bite of banana with Nutella on it but she just wasn't feeling it at all.
We tried to get her to take some medication (in liquid form) but we couldn't convince her and when I said I had to head back to work she got so upset and started crying wanting her mom.
So I called Haylee and got no answer, called Kody and he came right over and picked her up.

She has little bumps on her feet and her legs and her arms, we thought maybe she has chicken pox or something.
She had a really high fever again and was just not eating.

So Kody took her home and I stopped at the pharmacy and picked up calamine lotion and some jr chewable ibuprofen and a gatorade.

I stopped at Kody's and convinced her to take one of the ibuprofen which she did.
I figured the gatorade would be good for her too, as long as she was getting liquids then if she wasn't eating it wouldn't be so bad.

When I got back to the office, I was talking with Bonnie and Shennelle about Freya's symptoms and came to the realization that she might have Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.
It was just going around town and it made more sense since her bumps weren't starting around her lymph node areas which is where chicken pox normally starts.

I did tell Haylee, who had come into the office right after I'd gone home earlier, and told her to get in touch with her Doctor just in case - just because of her being pregnant and all.
Not sure if they could do anything anyway but better to be safe than sorry.

After lunch, Jason headed out for a run and I did too.
I ran down to the office.
Went a bit past the office turn off then back just to add a bit of distance.
Ran 2.5k today.

My right groin is bothering me a little again - not while I was running but afterwards - I hope it doens't flare up like before - I need to be careful and just pay attention and not do too much.
I made sure to do some stretching when I got to the office - I feel like not stretching often enough may have been part of the cause of my injury before when I was training for the marathon.

My exercise details.

That last little part was going up a hill so that slowed me down.
Good for training though.
 
Then when I got back to the office, Jason sent me this.
He went for a bike ride after his run and seems someone was out and about and feeling much better.
He went by their place and she was in the backyard with Mom and Dad.
So he took her for a little walk and mentioned that we were taking Morgan to Whitecourt after work to get her nails done and she wanted to come and get hers done too.

So we took her with us.

She hasn't gotten any more bumps really but we figured we'd skip out on the nails for her this time just in case she does have something.

No paparazzi please.

We dropped Morgan off for her nail appointment then Jason, Freya and I went to Walmart.
We got a few different 'itch' creams and lotions for her and a few other things we needed then when we were loading everything into the car, Morgan texted to say that she was done.

We picked her up and all went out to dinner.

We went to Little Saigon - none of us have eaten there in a while so we were all looking forward to it.
Jason and Freya.

Just acting silly.

Morgan and I.

I have been thinking about their curry vegetable soup and craving it for sometime now so that's what I had.

Jason and Morgan each got hot plates.
Jason got the Saigon beef - it was super good.
We got a large coconut rice too that we all shared - they do make pretty good coconut rice.
Morgan got an order of spring rolls and I had a bite of one.
They make them in house and they are super good.

We ordered Freya chicken wings - they weren't very good.
She wasn't that hungry anyway but she did eat a bit of them.
I wet some paper towel from the bathroom so I could wash her fingers and she turned it into a mask.
She kind of looks like Oogie Boogie.

It was quite late when we left Whitecourt, close to 9 I think.
Freya started feeling very uncomfortable on the way home.
She was super itchy - I tried putting some of the lotion we got on her but she wouldn't let me.
Then she did but immediately got me to wipe it off.

She was so upset - she had me scratching her toes 'really hard and really fast' but it just wasn't relieving her discomfort at all.

She did fall asleep for the last few minutes of the drive.
Kody wanted us to bring her home so we dropped her off there.
She woke up when he was getting her out of the car and wanted her mom.
Hopefully if they give her some more ibuprofen it will help her get some sleep tonight.
I hate when she isn't feeling well and there isn't much we can do to help her feel better.

When I got home, I still needed a couple thousand steps so I just marched in place while we watched some YouTube videos about baking.
Managed to get the rest of the steps I needed then it was off to bed.
Hoping I get a good nights sleep tonigh.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment