Sunday 18 June 2023

Almost a Year (Apr.19, 2023)

 I had a rough night last night.

I was up coughing all through the night.

It's driving me crazy - just this little tickle in my throat that makes me cough (mainly at night) and it just won't seem to go away.

My plan was to drop Freya off at home on my way to work but she was sleeping so peacefully, I hated to wake her up.

Mom happened to be up so I asked if she could just stay upstairs to be there when she woke up and I headed off to work.

It was a busy morning, still playing catch up with emails - I had lots of computer issues yesterday so didn't get as far along with them as I'd hoped.

At lunch time I ran a few errands then grabbed some leftover chicken out of the fridge for lunch and walked back down to the office and had my lunch there.

I had a meeting with Mark at 1 pm that took and hour then after that, the computer kept dropping off all afternoon - the connection got interrupted.

It's annoying when you are trying to get things done and that keeps happening!

It happened again right at 4:15 so I just gave up and called it a day.

I walked back home then got the car and went to the grocery store to pick up a few things.

I got a salad and pork chops for supper and some chicken breasts for tomorrow nights supper.

I wanted to run my 1 mile today so when I got home, I went down and hopped on the treadmill.
I got off to a slow start but I did it.
I think tomorrow I'm going to get my run done outdoors.

Always feel better after a run even if it is a short one.

I cooked up some mushrooms and onions for supper then made a salad kit and got Jason to cook the pork chops when he got home from work.
I don't have the best track record cooking meat - I always tend to overcook it.
Jason cooked it beautifully and it was delicious.

I've really been trying to stay on track with WW and so far, so good.

My girl cousins are planning a weekend in NS or NB in July and I'm hoping I can attend.
I looked up flights and they are pricey but doable so I think I may just go ahead and book.
It's a lot to spend for a weekend but time with family is precious and who knows if/when we will do soemthing like this again.

I can always make more money but I can't always get everyone together.

My cousing Ricky posted this picture of his Dad, my Uncle Adrian and that's my dad there standing in the back.
I can't believe it is almost a year now since he left us.
I wish it wasn't so - I just miss him so much and wish we'd had more time.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment