Sunday 18 June 2023

Booth Re-Stock and Community BBQ (May 11, 2023)

I thought I had to take Freya to school this morning but Jason was having a hard time getting her up.

She was up late and she was tired so we decided to just let her get caught up on some sleep.

I stoppped in at the hardware and restocked my booth.
I was thinking that Mother's Day is coming up right away so the quicker I get stuff put in there, the more time folks will have to look.
I posted it on Facebook and not long after I got an order for 3 of the Simply Blessed signs.

Jason sent me this - heading out for a run.
He took her with him and pushed her in the bike trailer.
That would be so tough to do - kudos to all the folks out there that do that on the regular.

He texted me and said they were at the skate park at lunch time so I met them there.

We went over to Burger Baron for some lunch - she wanted to eat there only if we could stay there and eat.
Looks like they got the booths that used to be in the coffee shop at the hardware and they look good in here.

Silly girl.

Making her silly faces.
She is such a little bundle of joy.

My Honey.

We had donairs for lunch.
They had beef and I had chicken and Freya pretty much ate the whole thing.
She really liked it too.

Then I popped home quickly before heading back to the office to make sure I had some more wreaths to make more signs before I said I'd make them.
They want them by Saturday and we are going to the city tomorrow so looks like I'll be making them tonight.

Jason finally convinced Freya to hop in the bath this afternoon - she reallly needed it!

He posted this after - she is just covered in bubbles.

After her bath, they walked down to the park and there just happened to be a community bbq going on there.
So I met them there after work.

Everyone was there enjoying a free burger.

There were a lot of people out from the community which was really nice to see.

They even had the splash park turned on for the kids.

I got some free re-usable straws and Freya immediately claimed them as her own.
We didn't stay long just because I wanted to get home and get to work on the signs.

A huge thunder and lightning storm rolled in not much later and we had a down pour which we really needed but I think that cut the bbq short for everyone.

I thought the wreaths were going to be my issue for making the sign - turns out finding the right wood was .
We have lots of wood scraps but nothing wide enough to make a sign like I wanted.
In the end, I settle on plywood which would not be my first choice but it will have to do.

I needed to get a coat of black paint on them so I did one side of each board, then I went down and hopped on the treadmill for a half hour to let them dry.
I went back up and painted the other side then went back down and hopped on the treadmill to let the other side dry.

It took me 57 minutes to get the rest of the steps in that I needed.

I watched the latest episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel while I was on there.
I'm really going to miss the show - only a couple more episodes to go.

Then it was back up to put a coat of white paint on the boards.
I made my own chalk paint with plaster of paris and latex paint for the first time.

It wasn't as thick as I was hoping so I may need to do two coats.
I put it on really thick hoping that would do the trick but that meant it was taking forever to dry so I wasn't able to paint the back before bed like I was hoping.
I'll just have to do it in the morning before I head to work.

I was able to get the stencils cut out and weeded and they are all ready to go so almost there.
Should be no problem getting them finished up tomorrow after work.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment