Sunday 18 June 2023

Expensive Paint! (May 3, 2023)

Even though I got to bed late last night, I had a really good sleep and I felt good this morning when I got up.
No lozenges needed for the second night in a row, maybe I've finally shaken this cough for good.

Jason asked me to pick up some paint at lunch time for the lemonade stand, I had to stop at home to pick up the color swatch and Miss Freya was there with Mom and she wanted to come to the store with me.

She was 'dying' of thirst she said and insisted I go back in for her cup of water before we left.

It ended up being the most expensive paint ever.
Freya insisted she needed this play dough set and an LOL doll and I just gave in and let her get them because I was in a hurry and didn't want to argue.
She has my number, that's for sure.

She tore into it immediately as soon as we got home.

It's kind of cute, you can make grilled cheese sandwiches with it.
It even includes some play dough for the cheese that is kind of looser so it pulls and gets stringy just like cheese.

I had a salad for lunch then rode my bike back down to the office.
It's pretty much all down hill so only takes a few minutes to get there.

The way home is way harder because of course now it's all back uphill.
I had to stop at the hardware to pick up a yellow color that they were mixing for me and they closed at 5 so Ieft work 10 minutes early just to make sure I got there in time.

I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get up the hill but it ended up only taking me 10 minutes, I don't know why I thought it would take me longer.

I stopped at the store to get a few things for supper then went for a bit of a bike ride around town before I headed home.

So all together I biked 9.17k for the day.
The 2.47 was when I went to work and the 6.7 was after.

I needed quite a few steps so after I put my bike away, I headed out for a walk.
I considered waiting for Jason but I'm glad I didn't because I could see storm clouds rolling in and we got a pretty good thunder and lightning storm just after he got home.

Everytime I see him laying around like this he reminds me of a beached whale.
He loves laying like this in the sunshine when it's streaming through the front door.

Oh the life of a kitty is soooo hard.

Jason squeezed a bike ride in before the storm got too bad then we had taco salad for supper.
We decided we are going to make this the summer of salads.

He then went out to put a coat of the new yellow paint on the lemonade stand and I watched an episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and one of Hometown Takeover.

Then I started a new book.
Behind the Beautiful Forevers.
I'm not loving it so far.
There is just something about the way it is written - it doesn't flow well or something.
But I just started it so I need to give it a chance.

I'm trying to stay away from my phone in the eveings and reading instead hoping it will help me to sleep better.
Last night went well - I'll report back about tomorrow.

Kody and Haylee went to a concert on Monday night (Megadeath) and she posted this cute picture of them today from the trip.
I love seeing them do fun things together.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment