Thursday 22 June 2023

Awards, Growing up, Baby Pic, Snow in June and Missing Sub (Jun.21, 2023)

 Looks like they had awards night at the school last night and Alivia won an award.

I wish I'd know - I would have went to see her but at least I get to see a picture of it.

Jason was keeping me abreast of all the goings on at the house this morning with Freya.

Things got off to a slow start - she got out of bed but then had to rest on the couch for awhile.

She made herself and omelet for breakfast, assisted of course, but she does know all the steps and I bet she could do it herself if we weren't so concerned about the hot burner.

Then she wanted to do make up.
Check out the mirror set up.
Jason taped it to the chair for her.

She even got out the light ring.

Gorgeoussss!

They played downstairs for a bit.

Doing a little dance.

The went for a walk and this is another set of stairs that she loves running up and down every time she sees it.

It's just up the street from her place - my former co-worker Marilyn lived here.
She has passed away now but her sweet husband John is still there.

Meanwhile at the office, I got out for a walk.
It looks like it is shaping up to be a nice day but I did need my sweater.

At lunch time, I made myself some tuna salad boats (just tuna salad on romaine lettuce leaves).
They are really good.

Jason got out for his run and I stayed with Freya.

I stopped in at the Rexall on my way back to the office because my grey hair just suddenly started getting to me today so I decided I wanted to cover it.

I picked up a box dye in a light brown color and Jason said he would help me do the roots later.

It did warm up in the afternoon so I was able to get out for another walk sans sweater.

Jason and Freya went down to Burger Baron to get a donair.
She is a donair fiend lately.
She wanted to take her bike down - Jason said she managed it really well.

They went by Adrien's place and he and Hunter were out playing frisbee so he ended up gaining another kid.
Hunter wanted to come with them.

He spent the whole afternoon just out and about with the kids.
When I got off work, he said they were at Newcastle getting ice cream so I met them there.

We were sitting out while they ate their ice cream but then it started to rain a bit.
I couldn't drive them home because they had their bikes so I took the car home then walked back down to meet them and we walked back up to the house.

It didn't really end up raining that much anyway.

Hunter saw the circle light and immediately wanted to make Tik Tok videos so he got it all set up for he and Freya to do that.

We still had pork left so I made a salad to go along with it and Jason made the vinaigrette.
A simple oil and vinegar vinaigrette is my favorite way to dress a salad.

Freya sharing her chocolate bar with Jason.
First he had a bite.

Then she did.

Kody and Haylee had been in the city today - Haylee needed to go back for another ultra sound - they missed checkign something in the last one.

A picture of baby girl.

Haylee was going to watch her mom play ball and wanted Freya to come along, as soon as Freya found out her friend Alexis would be there she was all in.
So they headed out then Hunter didn't really want to stay by himself so he decided to head home.

We said we would walk him down because he had his bike but he informed us that he could ride it home all by himself.
I called Adrien to make sure it was ok (it was) and told him Hunter was on the way.
I was a little sentimental about it actually - he's growing up so fast - it's a good thing of course but still a little sad.

So after the kids left, we got out the dye and Jason put it in for me.
I just wanted to cover the grey, not all of my hair and Jason did a great job.

I left it on a bit longer than I should have but then had a shower and washed it out and I think it turned out great.
I don't see any grey anywhere.

This kind of made me laugh a little.
We went from forest fires out of control everywhere to practically flooding then we got snow in a lot of places around the province this week (a lot of snow) - quite the weather.

Some tourists got trapped in the snow in Jasper and actually had to be rescued.

Woah!

In other new right now, five folks went down in a submersible to look at the Titanic wreck and they went missing so the whole world is waiting and watching and hoping that they are found.
They went missing on Sunday and their oxygen is set to run out tomorrow morning.
It would be a miracle if they are found and rescued but miracles do happen so here's hoping for a miracle.

It was another blue dot for me today.
I'm feeling so great.
Obviously focusing on activity was the wrong thing - now that I'm really focusing on the eating part, I'm actually making some progress and it feels wonderful honestly.

Today I am grateful leftovers - we've been eating pork for days now and I don't care.
If it's ready to go then I'm happy and I'll keep eating it every day until it is gone.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment