Tuesday 20 June 2023

Rain, Rain and More Rain (Jun.19, 2023)

It was still raining when I woke up today.

It rained all day yesterday, all through the night and looks like it is going to continue to rain right through until tomorrow.

It's not the soft drizzly kind either, it's the hard, pouring kind, slanty and biting.

I had to wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt and a sweater today plus I had to turn my heater on on my office.

Brrrr.

Today is Monday - to be honest I've been weighing in 'unofficially' every morning just because I can't help myself so I knew I was going to be down.

I was just worried that because I ate so late last night that it wouldn't be as low as what I've been seeing each morning but it ended up being even a bit lower.

I was 209.6 lbs and I was so happy.
I haven't been under 210 since Dec.12, 2022 - so over 6 months.
Now the next goal to shoot for is Onederland.
I haven't been there since Aug.1, 2022 - nearly a year ago.
I'm going to get there though.

So overall I lost 4 lbs this week.
Not too shabby.

Because it was raining so hard, I didn't get out for a walk at all today so at lunch time, I hopped on my treadmill and walked.

I started watching the new Bridgerton series that came out recently, Queen Charlotte.
It's really good so far.

I didn't bother changing into work out clothes because I only planned on walking but I did get sweaty and had to go back to work that way so I ended up being really cold at work for the afternoon.

When I got home from work at the end of the day, I still needed a few more steps so I hopped on the treadmill and got them done right away.
Then - I sank into a nice hot bubble bath and it felt so nice.
I did some reading - I have a couple books on the go - I picked a Nora Roberts one to read, Someday With You.
It's ok.

The rain is going sideways so it's coming right into the outlet pipe for the furnace and leaking into our basement.
The guard around it is broken and needs to be fixed but we'll have to do that on a nicer day.
In the meantime, we just put this bucket here last night and it's half full already.

Mom went to a function the FCSS held for the seniors today and she got another puzzle.
She likes doing puzzles but these wooden one are a bit hard for her so she gave it to me and of course I had to do it right away.

The pieces on these are strange and they are a bit hard but I still couldn't pass it up and sat down to do it immediately.

I put some brocolli and cauliflower on to roast for supper - there was still pork left from yesterday and Jason cooked up even more today and brought that home so that's what we had for supper again along with some peas.

I spent the evening watching more Queen Charlotte and working on my blog.
I'm just about caught up and I'm so glad because even though it is a self imposed task - I feel like it has been hanging over my head for a while now.

Jason made us some more home made ice cream before bed.
It's basically just frozen fruit, ice, non fat protein yogurt and he throws some metamucil in there (😁) too.
We both really like how it tastes and it's a low point treat for us.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment