Sunday 18 June 2023

Forest Fires A Little Too Close For Comfort (May 15, 2023)

Weigh in Day today.
It ended up being worse than I was expecting.

I was 214.4 lbs.

That's up 2.2 lbs since last week.
It's so disheartening how I can do really well all week - eat smart and then a day or two on the weekend of not making wise choices and going a bit overboard undoes so much of my effort.
I'm not giving up though.

Jason said Freya had a really good sleep in this morning, it was after 9:30 before she got up and she came out wearing one of my shirts.

It was nice out so I decided to go for a little walk to the road before coffee break.

The sky was looking nice and clear and blue.
So nice.

Jason and Freya were at the skate park playing at lunch so I stopped and met them there.
Freya had another birthday party she was invited to so we went to the store and picked out a gift for it.
Then Freya and Jason headed to the park to play and I went home and hopped on my bike and rode back down to work.

I didn't have time to add in any extra in to the ride today - just headed straight to the office.

When I was getting off work, Jason sent me this picture - said he and Freya were at the store having ice cream so I said I would meet them there.

When I got there, they were finished and he had his bike with Freya in the trailer so we went for a bit of a bike ride before heading home.
He had taken Freya to the party at 4 but she didn't want to stay - they'd been out at the park all afternoon so I think she was tired.

Back at the house we all had a bit of a chill - Freya wanted to sit on the couch and snuggle and I was good with that.

When Haylee got off work, she popped up to grab the gift to run down to the party and when she mentioned she was going there, Freya suddenly had a second wind and decided she wanted to go back to the party with her mom.

Kody met them there and took these pictures.

Another fire started outside of town, you can see the plume from it really well here.

It's about 25k out of town but if it gets windy and the wind blows in the right direction it could end up in town in no time.

Just after 7 I decided to go out for a run/walk and by then it was pretty smoky in town.

The sky was looking kind of ominous.

We went from a clear blue sky to this in a matter of hours.
There was ash floating around in the air as well.
We really need some rain but I looked at the forecast for the next few days and it's just sun, sun and more sun.

The sun was looking so cool - bright orange.

I tried to capture a picture of it but you just can't capture how it actually looks.

I wanted to run a bit of the way so I did run 2k.
I think I could have kept running a bit longer but I had to go to the washroom so I had to stop and walk.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
Not too bad but I was running down hill for most of this.

Jason has us signed up to run a 10k on June 10th so I really need to get my but in gear.

Jason was out running the same time as I was and we met up and walked back to the house together.
There were a lot of people out and about.
I don't know if the sky was making people antsy or if they are worried about the fire or maybe some of both.

When we got back to the house, Jason headed back out for a bike ride then he also went down and gassed up the car just in case.
I watched an episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - only a few more to go and I'm kind of bummed because I really like it.

Thought this would be cute for a sign for my friends that spend their summer weekends at the lake.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment