Tuesday 20 June 2023

Gender Reveal Party, It's a .........(June 11, 2023)

We were on a bit of a time crunch this morning because Kody and Haylee were having a gender reveal party at 2 pm so we had to be on the road home by 11:30.

So Jason headed out for a run and I opted to skip it and get showered instead.

I did go out to get myself a coffee though once I was ready and met up with Jason just getting back from his run.

 

We walked by this building and I could see this cool looking wall inside so I just had to go in and check it out.

Turns out it was a little coffee shop we've walked by many, many times but just never noticed before.

They don't have much for signage, just a small sandwich board outside the doors which aren't right on the street but up some steps and back a bit off the street.

They had some amazing looking pastries.

They were displayed so nicely too.

Cinnamon Roll.

This Pecan Buttertart looks amazing.

As do these strawberry cream filled doughnuts.

A cream cheese filled pastry.

I'm a sucker for a plain croissant.

They had hazelnut filled croissants (I'm not a huge fan of chocolate or hazelnut filled croissants for some reason - I prefer the plain).

Feta and spinach croissant.

Cruffins in plain vanilla (I used to be all about chocolate but interestingly, I've become more of a vanilla fan as I've gotten older).

Salted Caramel.

The Pistachio Cruffin got me and I had to order one.

Cruffin with a view.

Oh there's a better angle.
Jason and I shared it - I could have done with a bit stronger pistachio flavor but it was still fabulous.
The pastry was amazing and the filling was smooth and creamy.

We made one stop at Walmart to pick up hot dogs and hamburgers than we hit the road a bit later than we would have liked.
The Gender Reveal party was starting at 2 and we didn't get there until 2:30.

A couple of Haylee's friends put it on for her and they had kind of a Halloween theme because the baby is due at the end of October.

So they had oranges and greens and blacks.

And skeletons.
Right up Haylee's alley (Freya too).

They threw in some gold too.

Kody helping build the balloon arch.

Turned out good.

They took a few pictures in front of it before we got there.
Crystal, Haylee, Brittany and Sare - these two girls put the party on for her and they did a great job.

I was on Team Boy, Jason was on Team Girl.
Not that it matters - we'll both be happy either way, it's just our guess.

Some interesting names up there.

I thought this was how they were going to do the reveal but it was for a game that they played.

They had all the food and the chairs set up at the bottom of the yard where there was some shade.
It was a nice, hot day.

Alivia was there and she looked really nice.

The kids were getting lots of use out of the pool.

Game time.

This little guy ran right through the center of the relay - ha ha.

One person had a roll of toilet paper between their legs and the other person had a plunger and you had to get the toilet paper onto the plunger handle without using your hands.

You had to run with the plunger between your legs too to meet the other person.

It was hard to do....

but funny to watch.

I think everyone gave up eventually.

Still in the pool.
I swear Hunter would live in the pool if he could.

This guy just wanted to play with the hose the whole time.


Then it was time for the gender reveal.
When they were pregnant with Freya, they came over to my place and did a gender reveal for Jason and I and I thought I was filming the whole thing but realized afterward that I didn't hit record.

So this time I was trying to be really careful and then gosh darn it, I messed up again.
I was recording it but thought I wasn't so turned it to what I thought was on, but was actually off, just as the colored smoke started coming out .
So I missed it again.

I realized right away so got a little short clip with the smoke at least.
And as you can see, IT'S A GIRL!
I was totally wrong but that's ok - another baby girl will be wonderful.
Let the shopping begin!

Afterwards they had a pinata for the kiddos.

They started off letting each of the kids have a whack at it.

Hunter gave it a pretty good whack - so hard in fact that he broke the stick they were using.
It ended up being ok though because they realized that you don't need a stick for this kind of pinata.

It had tassles or streamers on the bottom and the kids each pull one of those off until eventually one of them opens the bottom and lets all the candy out.

Haylee and Ella.

Alivia giving it a go.

Freya's turn.

Zepplyn's turn.

Kelby was holding it up for the kids.

Hunter's turn.

I think Harlow got the right one and the candy scramble was on.

Hunter running to get his share!

Just the boys hanging around chatting.

We all visited for a while afterwards.
I had though for a bit that it might rain but it didn't and it was a really nice day.

A nice picture of Kody and Haylee.

We left there around 6 or so - we had picked up some hanging baskets of petunia's and they had been sitting in the car all afternoon so I wanted to get them out and give them some water.

Then Morgan moved into her new place today so Jason and I walked down there to have a peek at it.
It's perfect for her, in a great spot with lots of room.

We went for a bit of a walk so I could get the rest of my steps in then stayed up way later than I should have.
Today I am grateful for a new grand baby on the way - it's very exciting.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment