Sunday 18 June 2023

Quiet Day at the Office (Apr.21, 2023)

 It was super quiet at work today.

There are several guys in the office that work Monday to Thursday so Friday's are usually pretty quiet anyway but Shennell was on vacation and Bonnie and Blair were off  as well so it was just Bob, John and I here for most of the day.

They had a meeting with a vendor this morning so I just had my 'break' in my office.
I had all kinds of goodies to munch on.

It was kind of a cold day and I felt chilled so I didn't want to walk out in it, so no walking to or from work today.
I did try to do lots of walking around the office to get some steps in then when I got home, I hopped on the treadmill.

I ran 2 miles then the rest was the warm up and cool down.

I feel good this week - I'm following WW and tracking everything, making good choices (food wise) and I'm getting in some running and walking.
Should be able to get my bike out right away too.

I was still feeling cold after the treadmill so I ran myself a nice hot bath and hopped in.
I started a new book today (I always seem to start new books in the bath tub)

Secret Daughter.
It's really good so far and captured my interest immediately.
I even kept reading it after I got out of the tub.

I had planned on going to the city for the weekend with Crystal and Haylee but I changed my mind at kind of the last minute today and changed my hotel booking to just tomorrow night.

I had hoped to see Alivia dance while I was in there but she danced today and then she dances again on Sunday at the same time as Freya so I'm going to miss it.
I did see her dance at the festival in town so I at least I got to see this years routine.

The girls did well - I think they got Silver and their instructor got an award for her choreography.

My girl cousins are planning a weekend together in NS or NB this summer and I'd love to go but I don't want to book any flights until I know it is a go for sure.
They are having trouble finding a place that can house all of us so I had a look to see what I could find and sent them some options.

I'd personnally stay at either of these places.
If they don't pick something soon I likely won't be able to go because flight prices are not cheap and they are just going to get more expensive the longer I wait.
I'd really love to see them all but if it turns out I can't then it is what it is.

These are the slides that Carlin Bates loves - I got a pair at Target, they aren't as squishy soft as I was hoping so I may just order myself a pair of these.

I spent the evening just chilling, it was kind of nice.
Morgan called and said she wanted to come for a visit so I went and picked her up.
She spent most of the time down with mom but she did visit with Jason and I a bit as well before Adrien came and picked her up and took her home.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment