Tuesday 20 June 2023

So Long Little Car, For Now Anyway (June 15, 2023)

I had to wear jeans and a coat today - what?

Where did summer go?

 

I had a nice hand written thank you card on my desk from Kyle and Sydney this morning.

Not many people actually take the time to write thank you cards any longer so it was really nice to see.

They included a family picture which was thoughtful.

Even though it wasn't as nice out as it has been lately - I still got out for my walk.

I picked up some romaine hearts and deli turkey on my way home for lunch and had those with laughing cow cheese.
It was pretty good actually.

The tow truck was supposed to pick my car up first thing this morning but he only got there around 1.
So it's off to Edmonton to be appraised.
Not sure if they'll fix it or consider it a write off - guess we will see.

My afternoon was fairly busy so I didn't get out for a walk which meant I had lots of steps to catch up on when I got home.

I decided to make up a new workout for myself today just to keep things fresh and build my endurance up again.
This is how the work out went.
Walk 1 minute, run 1 minute.
Walk 1 minute, run 2 minutes
Walk 1 minute, run 3 minutes
Walk 1 minute, run 4 minutes
Walk 1 minute, run 5 minutes
Then I did the same thing but backwards so 
Walk 1 minute, run 5 minutes
Walk 1 minute, run 4 minutes
Walk 1 minute, run 3 minutes
Walk 1 minute, run 2 minutes
Walk 1 minute, run 1 minute

That meant that I ran for a total of 30 minutes.
I stayed at a speed of 4.0 for the running so that means I ran 1.98 miles or 3.18 km.
Not too bad.

As always, getting a good, sweaty work out in feels great - especially when it's done.

His favorite place to hang out in our downstairs bathroom.

After my workout, Nadine dropped by for a visit.
We sat in the back and chatted about this and that - it was nice.

Then Kody called to say that Freya wanted to come over for a visit so he dropped her off.

She had this big plan hatched out where she was going to spend the night and then go to Morgan's in the morning and she wasn't going to take No for an answer.
I rarely tell her no anyway so of course she stayed.

Morgan said she could come over in the morning if she wanted to so that's the plan.

I stayed on plan today, earned another blue dot!

Today I am grateful for swings.
I sat in our swing in the back while I was chatting with Nadine and I always forget how much I love a swing.
That's the number one requirement for my dream house, a nice big porch with a porch swing.
(a clothesline is requirement number two 😁).


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment