Wednesday 7 June 2023

Mon Ami Gabi, Fly Over Vegas and Letty's (Apr.13, 2023)

 We got up and headed out for a run first thing this morning.

It was a beautiful, gorgeous day!

I only ran 3k today - it felt good.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

When I got back I sat outside for a bit and enjoyed the sunshine.

Then we showered up and headed down to strip towards Mon Ami Gabi - we had a reservation at 1 pm there.
These are just some views as we made our way down the strip.

I love all the water features - I think they are my favorite.

There is Treasure Island.

A glimpse of Palazzo.

We stopped in at Harrah's and I got a pistachio shake at Bobby's Burgers.

We made it to The Paris just in time for our reservation and they sat us out on the patio and we had a great view of the Bellagio.

Brunch with a view of the Bellagio Fountains.
They go off every 15 minutes (or maybe every half hour) but we got to see them a couple times while we dined.

My Honey.

Moi!

We've walked by here so many times and I've always wanted to eat here - I'm glad we are finally doing it.



Selfie.

We got to sit there and people watch when the fountains weren't going and that was fun too.

It's center strip so it's a great spot.

The menu.

Jason is a huge blue cheese fan so he ordered the Little Gem Salad.

It's funny he ordered it mainly for the blue cheese because everything looks good to me on the plate except the blue cheese.

We both enjoy liver so we got the Chicken Liver Mousse pate to start.

I wasn't crazy about the bread and it wasn't enough for all of the pate, normally it's the opposite, not enough pate for all of the bread so I guess that's something to be grateful for.
The pate was really good.

Then I ordered the Trout Almondine.

It was really good - very buttery.

Jason did the Avocado and Green Bean Toast.

It had an egg up on top.
Jason is normally a big avocado toast fan but he said this was one of the least favorite that he's had.

Avocado Toast, Trout and Carrot Salad at Mon Ami Gabi.

There were a bunch of people getting their characatures drawn on the strip in front of us and I think they were tipsy.
One girl ended up falling into the garbage can somehow and I happened to be taking video and picture of the fountains at the time so Jason checked to see if I'd captured it on video and I did.

They were all laughing so I don't think she was hurt -we just happened to capture a funny moment.

Our waiter offered to take a picture of us while the fountains were going off in the background which was super kind of him and we took him up on it.

There was a guy in an Elvis costume on a wheelchair that kept buzzing back and forth.

Just so much going on - it's fun to watch.

Lots of showgirls walking around on the strip.

You can pay them to take pictures with them if you want to.

Just so many people coming and going and it's so interesting.

There is Elvis again.

I loved the people watching - it was my favorite part of the experience of eating there.

After we ate, we kept heading south on the strip to go to FlyOver Vegas.

We had been here before and did the Iceland one so this time we did the West one.
I just love them - I highly recommend if you get the chance to go to one, do it!

We started walking back and we would have walked the whole way but it was taking a super long time so we hopped on the monorail at The Flamingo and took it to the last stop at The Sahara.

It was our first time being in The Sahara so we checked it out a bit - it is a really nice place.

We walked back to the Strat and got our car and went to the north outlet mall.
We checked out the Nike store - didn't get anything.
I did get Morgan something though.

I told Morgan I would pick her up some new Sanuks for her birthday so we found a shoe store and I sent her a couple of options.
These were my favorites.

I found a plain black pair (these were the ones she ultimately chose).

But I thought she might like the white pair more ( I was wrong).

Then we decided to go to Letty's Cucina in the Arts District for supper.

This is the side of the building - I love the artwork.

It's a cute little place.

Some cool artwork on the walls.

I always love these Day of the Dead dolls.

It's been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

I ordered the birria tacos - they were so delicious and just packed with meat.
I could only eat one.

Jason ordered the Napolita fries for us - he told me they were cactus fries and I just thought that was a name.

I didn't realize that it was actual cactus - duh!
They were super good too.

We also had the pazole - also amazing but we couldn't finish it either.

Jason got a chile quile torta which was also very good.

Supper at Letty's - Chilaquiles torta, pozole, cactus fries, Chilangos-Quesabirria tacos.

Chilangos - quesabirria tacos dipped in birria consume - FANTASTIC!

The food was wonderful and I will definitely go out of my way to eat there again the next time that I am in Vegas.

We went to Walmart after we ate for some shampoo and we also picked up a dress and a bathing suit for Freya.

Then we headed back to the Strat.

We gambled a bit before heading up to our room.
I threw 20 bucks in the piggy game and ended up winning 100.

I put 20 of that back in but then I started losing so I called it a night at that point and we headed back to our room.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment