Tuesday 20 June 2023

Subway Date, Tornado Warning and Blue Dot (June 13, 2023)

 I had to ride my bike down to work this morning since the car is out of commission.

It was a nice morning for it so I didn't mind and it literally only takes 6 minutes to get down there.

It takes me longer than that to get my bike out of the shed (luckily Jason went and got it out for me so it was all ready to go).

The exercise details.

It was a super quiet morning in the office.

Bonnie is off for the week, Shennelle was off for the day and then pretty much everyone else was out in the field doing a safety audit.

I think Blair, Murray and I were the only ones left in the office and even Blair had to leave for a few hours so nice quiet day.

I find I get lots done on those days.

Our Superintendent Cam was here for the audit and we got to chat for a bit about travel and grand children and stuff which was nice.

I don't really get to see him often and he is a very nice man.

It was nice out so I made sure to get out for a walk to the road and back.

I love this time of year, all the leaves and grass are new and they look so extra green.

Soon going to be time to get this grey covered up.

Jason came down on his bike at lunch and met me and we walked over to Subway together.

Moi.

I'm always down for a sub.
plus it means dinner is take care of too.
We ate half now and we'll eat the rest for supper.

It started raining a little while we were walking back to the office and started really coming down as we got there.
So Jason came in for a bit hoping it would let off a bit so he could bike home.
It did but it was still drizzly and rainy for the rest of the afternoon.



I was going to ride my bike home but it started raining and it was quite windy, we even had a tornado warning for Swan Hills with possible hail so Jason brought his truck down after work to pick me up.
I kind of biked some circles while I was waiting for him.

The exercise details.

Figures this would be coming right after we picked up our hanging plants.
When we got home, we moved them all into the garage just in case.

Luckily it never amounted to anything and we didn't see any tornado activity or hail or anything.

The Insurance Adjuster called him and they told us we could go ahead and get a rental and they are sending a tow truck to pick up our car tomorrow and take it to the city to be appraised and fixed.

Jason is back to work tomorrow so now I need to find someone who can drive me to the city to pick up a rental.
Hopefully Kody or one of my brothers will be able to do it.
I'm sure they will.

After we ate our subs for supper, we went for a little walk so I could get the rest of my steps in.
It still wasn't very nice out but at least it wasn't raining.
It did start sprinkling again just as we made it back to the house so that was good timing.

Jason is back to work tomorrow so we had a quiet evening then we were off to bed early.

I tracked my points today and earned myself a blue dot.
Today I am grateful for quiet evenings - sometimes it is really nice to chill with just Jason and I.
I'm also thankful that I live so close to work so getting to and from work is never an issue, I always have the option to walk.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment