Tuesday 20 June 2023

Water Slide and Car Accident (June 12, 2023)

Today was weigh in day.

I was 213.6 lbs.

I wasn't down as much as I would have liked but I'm still down 1.4 lbs.
Considering I had a few treats on the weekend and I didn't do any tracking for two days, I'm considering it a win.

Because we were rushed leaving the city yesterday and I didn't get to pick up any groceries, we decided to make a quick trip to Whitecourt.

Jason had Freya since Kody and Haylee were working so we took her along with us.
Having a bite to eat at McDonald's.

After we finished our shopping, we took her over to the splash park.

The water in the splash park is quite cold and hard to get used to so she tired of that pretty quickly and wanted to go over to the park.

Climbing up on the outside of the slide.
This is a new one for her.

She likes walking across this tightrope thing.

She'd get about halfway....

then she would fall off (or jump off, not sure which).

Then she would hop back on and try again.

Took a few tries.

But she did it.

I needed some steps so I convinced her to go for a walk over by the water slide/lazy river and as soon as she saw it, she wanted to go in.

I thought you needed a tube to do it but there were other kids there just going down with nothing so we let her.
I was a bit nervous at first, I didn't know how fast the water was going but it was fine.

She started out first going in just a little ways up from the bottom.

We didn't have a bathing suit for her with us so we just let her wear her dress.

Each time she'd go a little further up the slide.

She was having a grand old time.

I wish I'd had a suit with me, I would have gone in with her.

She eventually went all the way to the top and went down.
There are two slides and she tried out both.

She had a lot of fun and I can't wait to bring her back.
Next time we'll bring a tube and suits and we will spend the day.

We were heading back home and she was pretty tired so she fell asleep almost immediately and then, we hit a deer.
It jumped out in front of us so quickly we barely had time to react.

Jason pulled over right away and there was a truck behind us, they pulled over as well.
Jason and the fellow in the truck went over to check on the deer, it was dead so it didn't suffer, that was good.

We were so lucky that it didn't come up over the windshield, the airbags didn't even deploy.
It woke Freya up but she was fine and so were Jason and I - so that was a blessing.

She was very curious about what happened and wanted to see the deer - it was over on the other side of the highway though - she could only see it a bit.

The man that had stopped with us gave Jason his contact information in case we needed it for our insurance then he headed off and after Jason cleaned all the pieces of our car off of the highway, he drove us up a little ways to a pull out.

There was quite a bit of damage to the front end of the car.

Jason bungied the light in - it wasn't broken but everything else around it was so he was afraid it might fall out.

The passenger side is not too bad.
He checked it for leaks but didn't see any and I called the insurance.
Why does talking to insurance about anything always seem like such a gong show?

My brother Rob happened to pass by us on his way home from Whitecourt so I called him on Jason's phone and got him to come back and follow us home.

Jason figured we'd make it home and he said really it seemed to handle ok, but I still felt better knowing Rob was right there if we needed him.

We dropped Freya off at home then parked the car at our place.

The insurance adjuster is supposed to contact us tomorrow and my insurance covers a rental so hopefully they'll determine that I need one and get me hooked up.
Until then it looks like I'll be biking or walking to work.

Jason's second work truck is in the shop right now so he did call them to see if they could get it finished up asap so I'd at least have that vehicle to drive in a pinch.

This is the first time hitting a deer for Jason and we are very thankful that it went down the way it did.
It could have been far, far worse than it was and nobody was hurt so that's the main thing.

The kids went on a field trip with the school today and posted a few pictures of the trip.
Alivia playing jump rope.
I remember playing jump rope as a kid - I really liked it.

I'm not sure what they are up to here.

Learning to wash clothes the old fashioned way.
Looks like Alivia is really into it, 😆😆😆

I saw this while we were sitting on the side of the highway tonight and for some reason it just struck me as so funny.

So I didn't track again today but I don't think I went over my points allotment.
Back to it tomorrow though - guessing doesn't work.

Today I am so grateful that the accident did not result in any injuries.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment