Sunday 18 June 2023

MatchMaking Binge (May 7, 2023)

I woke up pretty early this morning and was coughing so decided to just get up and let Freya sleep.
I made a coffee and started watching some of the new episodes of Firefly Lane that just came out.
It's really good!

Freya slept in until about 9 am then when she got up, we did some cuddling.
I made us an omelet for breakfast - she didn't eat any of that but she did eat some of the orange and apple I cut up to have with it.

She came up with this game where she hid some toys then I had to find them
Then I had to hide the toys so she could go find them.
I was doing the hot/cold thing for her but I'm not sure if she grasped the concept entirely.

She love playing it though and I think I hid the toys like 4 or 5 times for her and she would have just kept going but Haylee texted to say that she was missing Freya so I told her I'd bring her home.

She didn't want to go at first but we played for another half hour or so then she felt like she was ready.

Jason brought some stuff he'd made in from the garage last night so I spent some time today giving it all a white coat of paint.

I also picked up a couple of wooden signs at the second hand store this morning for super cheap so I painted over those too.
I was going to give up my booth at the hardware at the end of April because I haven't been putting anything in there but I forgot and now we are in May so I'll need to keep it at least until the end of May so I figured I'd put a few things in there.

I also worked on a burlap wreath.
I got the burlap on now I just need to add the greenery and a bow but I couldn't decide how I wanted to do it so I ended up not doing it at all.

I'm trying to stretch out Firefly Lane because I know once it's done, it's done, there are no more seasons coming so I was looking for something else to watch and stumbled upon this Jewish Matchmaking show.
It's a matchmaker trying to match up Jewish people.
I liked it and watched the first episode then somehow stumbled on the same thing but an Indian version which I liked far better.
I ended up watching the whole season because I really wanted to see how things turned out for all the folks on the show.
It didn't give updates though so I was super bummed.
There are two more seasons and I'm not sure if I'll watch anymore because I felt like I invested all of this time with no closure in the end.

It rained all day long which was great because we really need it and it was chilly out there too so I decided to go down and hop on the treadmill to get my steps in.
I walked the whole time and it took me over an hour but I got all of my steps that I needed.

Always feels good to get some activity in.
If I wasn't consciously trying to get 13,000 steps in each day today was one of those days I likely would have not moved from the couch so it does make a difference.

I made a Big Mac salad for supper and ate more of it than I should have.
I haven't been tracking my WW points but I think I've been doing fairly good with my food choices.

Except Jason made a raspberry cake for dessert today at work and he brought me home a slice which I devoured.
It was delicous.
I also picked up peanuts in the shell the other day and I've been eating them ever since.
I finished them off tonight and I'm not sure how that will affect my weigh in but I've been weighing in every day and so far, things seem good.
I was 209.8 this morning - been a long time since I've been under 210 so that felt good to see.

I had hoped to do some blog catch up this weekend but that didn't happen.
I still haven't posted anything from our Vegas trip so I'm pretty much a month behind now.

I do have notes from the time we were there and then all the days since we've returned I've done my posts for but just haven't posted them as I like everything to be in chronological order.
I am making it my goal to get them done this week - I can do it if I just do one post each night.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment