Tuesday 20 June 2023

Holy Wind and New Car For A Bit (June 14, 2023)

It was super windy and pouring rain this morning so Jason dropped me off at work on his way to work.
We may not have gotten a tornado but the wind was no joke.

My son's trampoline was here in this corner at the bottom of their yard and the fence is fairly high there.

Didn't matter though, the wind blew it right over the fence.
Hopefully it didn't get damaged.

I didn't get out for a walk this morning, it was just too nasty out there then I ended up getting a ride into the city to pick up my car rental.
My brother Rob drove me in which was really nice of him.
It is about a 2.5 hour drive each way so that was over 5 hours of his day he gave up for me.

We stopped by Reid's Kitchen in Barrhead on the way in because I'd worked through lunch and I was hungry.
I got a Chicken Club salad and it was delicious.
I got their vinaigrette on it and I think they make it in house - it was fantastic.
The rental place (Enterprise), was very busy.
Car rentals places always seem to be so busy.

When I got up to the clerk, he said "oh, you are flexible" - I don't know what gave him that idea or if it's just a tactic they use to get people to take cars they don't really want?

First they offered me a Chevy Spark and I said no to that, way too small.
My insurance covers something equivalent to my own which is an SUV but they didn't have any.
I hoped we could get a pick up so we could put the bikes in the back but they didn't have any of those either.

So next they offered me a sporty Hyudai Elantra first - it looked nice and sporty but it was way too small.
Then they offered me a Jetta which another lady had just returned/exchanged because she didn't like the way it drove.
I didn't want either and they said that was all they had so I was going to leave and go to another location when they magically found this Toyota Camry.

I guess maybe I'm not that flexible after all.

If I was only having the rental for a couple days it wouldn't really matter but I could have it for weeks.
They haven't even come and towed our car away yet.

Anyway - I took the Camry as you can see.
We can't put our bikes in it but it is roomy and nice to drive - it will do nicely.
I stopped to pick up cups and lids for the girls lemonade stand.
Then I also stopped at the dollar store for a phone charger and I picked up a bag of raw walnuts and a water for the drive home.
Walnuts are good for you but SO MANY POINTS!

I tracked them all though and just decided that would be my supper.
 
I still needed a heck of a lot of steps when I got home and it was still windy and a bit drizzly out so I went and hopped on my trusty treadmill.
Because I needed so many steps I decided to do a 1 and 1 workout (run 1 minute, walk 1 minute) to try and bump the steps up quicker.
It still took over an hour to get to 13,000.

Felt good to be done and I was nice and sweaty too - sign of a good workout.

Jason went outdoors for a run.
He said the wind reminded him of running the marathon in Iceland - it was hard but what a sense of satisfaction when you get it done!

I tracked all of my points, earned another blue dot.
Today I'm grateful that my insurance covers a rental - especially since the weather turned crappy as soon as I didn't have a vehicle to drive.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment