Tuesday 20 June 2023

River Valley Run, Farrow, Kazoku Ramen and Italian Market (May 28, 2023)

 Started the morning off with a bit of a run.

We headed down towards Walter Dale bridge.
I was going to just walk but felt the urge to run a bit so gave it a go to see how far I could go.

Snapped some pictures while I was running - the river valley is so nice.

Ran across the bridge then back and started back up the hill before I had to stop.
Realized that Jason was right behind me when I did - He still had a little ways to go to get to his 5k so he kept going and we just met a little further up the hill.

I ended up running just over 3k so I was happy with that.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

All sweaty after a morning run but feeling awesome.

The blooming lilacs never get old.

What a lovely day.

After we showered and checked out, we decided to walk over to Farrow to get some breakfast/lunch (otherwise known as brunch I guess).

It's a great little sandwich shop.

I've been thinking about their roast sandwich with horseradish mayo since that last time we were here and they didn't have any - luckily they had some today.

I was expecting it to be on a bun so I was surprised to see it on this bread.

Look at all that goodness though.
The bread ended up being just fine and the sandwich hit the spot.

Jason went with the Veggie sandwich

This is more of the type of bread I was expecting my sandwich to be on.
Jason's sandwich was delicious too.
I highly recommend this place if you are ever in downtown Edmonton area.

We got lots of drinks too - I ordered a cold brew and it ended up being in a bottle - not really what I was expecting - I didn't really like it.

My Honey and I.

They make really fabulous cronuts here so we decided to share one of those.

Then for a special they had a raspberry lemon donut so we decided to try that too.

Just look at all the layers in there!
Both were delicious and we only intended to have a bite each of each but ended up finishing them.

After breakfast we did some shopping.
We needed groceries and a few other things so we picked that all up then decided to get one more treat for supper before we headed home.

Ramen!!!

We went to our favorite, Kazoku Ramen in the west end.
The Black Tonkotsu is our favorite.

We also made a last minute pit stop at the Italian Market for one of their spicy sandwiches and I mistakenly had a look at their desserts - ended up buying a few things.

Jason and I shared the pistachio croissant and a slice of cake then the strawberry shortcake and the other dessert we took home to mom.
We sat outside the Italian Market to eat and just as we were finishing up, this big wind storm blew in from nowhere.

Then it was on the road for the drive home - the wind died down just as quickly as it had blown in and it was quite a nice drive home.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment