Monday 25 July 2022

Weigh In and 27k on the Treadmill (July 4, 2022)

I woke up this morning feeling just terrible.

I was coughing and coughing, so hard that my body was sore from the effort.

The coughing fits were so bad that I just knew I couldn't work from the office today so I just let my boss know I was working from home.

Honestly if I didn't have to finish up payroll, I may not have even worked at all, that was how bad I was feeling. 

I still did my weigh in of course.
200.2

I hate seeing the 200's again - I really need to get out of them.
I fell off track with WW over the weekend but not crazily.


I'm actually down 1 lb from my weigh in last week so at least I'm headed in the right direction.
I worked all day from home and I kept thinking about my 27k run.

I was supposed to run it yesterday but because of travelling, decided to switch with today's run and do it today.

Of course I wasn't feeling the best so I kind of considered skipping it all together but I really didn't want to do that.

I didn't feel up to going out either though so ultimately decided to give it a go on the treadmill.
I knew it was a long distance to run on the treadmill, figured it would take me about 4 hours.

I knew it would be tough but I figured I'd just watch a couple movies to pass the time and I'd just give it my best and see what happened.

I got on the treadmill pretty much as soon as I finished work so right around 4:30.

I searched around for a movie to watch and settled on Cold Mountain which I'd never seen before.
Watching the movie helped somewhat but it was hard.

I started out running at a 4.0 but as time went on, I was really struggling so knocked it down to a 3.5 and even a 3.0 at some points.

I had a banana before I started then I had some energy gummies and a cookie thing while I was running. 
I also had water.

The movie was about 2 hours and 30 minutes and I covered the display on the treadmill so I couldn't watch the time and distance.

I checked when the movie was over and I hoped I was at least over the 10 mile mark but I was just over the 9 mile mark.

Then it just got harder from there.

I changed my shoes, twice, just to give me feet a break.
I also stopped a couple times to refill my water bottle.

I had to actually walk a minute or two here and there but I just didn't want to give up.

I watched a documentary on Kate Middleton then I watched a couple episodes of Dead to Me.
Jason got home from work and came and checked on me and brought me another banana.

When I was at the 15 mile mark he came down to let me know that he was going to bed (he hasn't been feeling well either) and I really wanted to quit but I didn't, I just kept going.

It took me nearly 5 hours to do it and I was just exhausted but I was so happy when I saw that 16.80 on the display.
16.8 miles or 27 km

I would not recommend doing this on the treadmill but then again, you do what you have to do and for me today, this was the best option.

I wouldn't want to do it again anytime soon though.

I was completely soaked through with sweat.
(I started off wearing a tank top but my inner arm was chafing so I just grabbed one of Jason's t-shirts from the dryer)

My video check in for today.

I could barely walk up the stairs when I was done, it was kind of pathetic 😄

Even though it was so hard, it kind of felt like a cop out to me for some reason, like not a real run because I did it inside and I had so many breaks.

Isn't it weird how our minds work.

I still have two more 27k runs on my training schedule so I will get an opportunity to give it a try outside.

I feel like I need to accomplish that in order to feel confident about running the marathon.

I had a bowl of cereal after all that and then I pretty much just headed straight for bed.

Haylee posted this on Snapchat - check out Freya aka Spider Girl - so cute!

Alivia took this on our drive home and posted it on SnapChat - Hunter with a bald head filter.
Ha ha - so funny!



That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment