Friday 15 July 2022

8k Run - Marathon Training is Tiring (June 3, 2022)

 It's Friday - my favorite day of the week!

Freya spent the night last night and I was going to drop her off to her Grandma Crystal on my way to work this morning but she had a bit of a rough time last night, so I didn't want to wake her up this morning.

So I just let her sleep in and worked from home for a bit.

When she did wake up, she didn't want to leave at first but then when I told her I had to go to work, she was ok with me taking her back to Grandma Crystal so that's what I did.

I got to the office right around coffee break time which was good timing!

We had a nice little chat, Bonnie, Bob, John and I.


I had planned on going for my run at lunch but then I thought it might be nice to go out for lunch so I asked Bonnie and Nadine if they were in (they were) so we went to Swan Palace for lunch.

I had an open faced Denver sandwich with a salad and it was good.

It was nice to catch up, it's been awhile since I saw Nadine.

I totally forgot to take some pictures!

The afternoon flew by and I ended up working a little bit late just to finish up a few things and then as soon as I got home, I headed straight out for my run so I could get it done.

It was a gorgeous day out there.

I only had to run 8k today which I was happy about, been running a lot of 10's recently so it felt like a bit of a break.

I changed up the order of route today just to make things more interesting.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
A bit faster today so that's good.

My video check in for today.
I thought after a rest day that my legs would feel fresh but that wasn't really the case.

I had all kinds of plans on things I wanted to do tonight but when I got home after my run, I was just tired and didn't feel like doing any of them.

So I had a restful evening and I'll do it all tomorrow.

Just as we were heading to bed, Kody called to see if he I could watch Freya in the morning as he had to work at 6:30 and Haylee was at a ball tournament.
So I told him to bring her over to spend the night instead of waking her up so early to bring her over in the morning.

It was close to 10 when he dropped her off, I was hoping we could get her straight to bed but of course she wanted to play for a bit first.
Not for long though thankfully - I was tired!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment