Monday 18 July 2022

Father's Day and 25k Run (June 19, 2022)

 Freya slept in a bit this morning so while I had my coffee, I spent some time looking through pictures of my dad.

I wanted to make a post about his Celebration of Life so I was looking for a picture to use.

I came across some old ones that I really love.

Timely seeing as it is Father's Day today.

It is still unreal to me that he is no longer here on this Earth with us.

Not sure how old he would have been in this one.

Like his first communion of first confession of something.

Teen years.

When he first joined the military, he would have only been around 17/18 here.

I think this was in the early 80's.

 A more recent one of him and his love, Lady.
She passed away about 13 years ago and he still couldn't talk about her without getting choked up.
My Dad was such a sentimental guy.

Ultimately I decided on the one from the 80's and a more recent one also in his uniform and I got the post up letting folks know about the Celebration of Life.
It is going to be very informal, no speeches or anything, just a drop in visit type event to reminisce about him.

When Freya got up, she and I hung out - I had hoped to get caught up on some blogging but that didn't really happen.
Kody and Haylee came to pick her up around noon so I got ready to head out for my run, I had to run 25k today which is my longest distance yet.

Ultimately I decided to just stay in town to do it.
I figured it would take me at least 3 hours to run it and if I went to Whitecourt or Barrhead, that would have tacked on another couple hours and it was already 1 pm by this point and I just wanted to get it done.

I had a 25k run to do today and OMG, it was tough but I did it.
I only had my coffee, a banana and some oatmeal this morning before heading out.

I started out zigzagging around the top part of town, then just after the 7k mark I had to go to the washroom.

Luckily I was near my place so I stopped in there, used the washroom, had a chocolate gu pack then headed back out and zigzagged around the center part of town.

Around the 14k mark, I had to go the washroom again and I just happened to be near my place again.
So I stopped in, used the washroom, had some energy gummies and a drink of water then headed back out to the lower part of town.

Around 19k, believe it or not, I had to go to the washroom again. I just happened to be near my office and I'd had the foresight to take my office key with me so I dropped in there to use the washroom and have a drink of water.

Not going to lie, I really needed the break too.

I sat for a minute or two on a chair and to be perfectly honest, I really wanted to quit the run at that point.

I had no idea how I was going to continue on but I made myself just go out there and do it.

I felt like I was barely running but I did it.

It started raining lightly then harder then the sun came out again and it got super windy at one point so I had all kinds of weather to deal with.

As I was finishing the last few km, the countdown was really on.

I was repeating my mantra to myself over and over in my head.
I am strong
I am fit
I am healthy
I can do anything I set my mind to.

It felt so hard and I rearranged my route in my head so I could avoid this one dreaded hill (I don't think I could have run up it today).

When my fitbit showed my distance as 25k I was so freaking proud of myself.

I was a little ways from home and that walk back was very slow, I almost considered calling Kody to come pick me up but I didn't.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.

As you can see, I was getting slower and slower as the run when on.
8.12 is a bit up from my regular but I'm totally ok with it.
This run was my longest yet and it was so tough but I was so proud of myself for doing it.

My video check in for today.

When I got home, I was immediately exhausted.
I had invited Kody and Haylee out for supper at the golf course for Father's Day and I honestly didn't feel like I could go, I wanted to just get in a hot bath and soak there for at least an hour.

I didn't though, Mom and I, Kody, Haylee and Freya all went out to the golf course for supper.

Freya checking out the menu - if only she could read, ha ha.
She put on the pink dress I'd gotten for her on my last vacation - she just loves it and it does look so cute on her.

Happy Father's Day to my handsome boy.

Mom and Haylee.

Selfie with my girlie.

I had a BLT and it was pretty darn good.

Then when I got home, I had a nice long soak in a hot bath and it felt amazing.

My toenail finally fell off - I was dreading it but I think it actually looks better off than on.

I think I am going to lose a couple more - hopefully they grow back ok.

Jason brought home leftovers and I had some of those too and then just before bed time, I was really craving an ice cream so we went down to the store and got one.

Then it was time for bed and I was sooo ready.

Haylee posted this cute picture of Freya from yesterday when they were heading out to the Party at the Park.

Yes, totally the summers of my childhood!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment