Monday 18 July 2022

15k Run and Playground Hopping in Fort Saskatchewan (June 26, 2022)

 I had to run 15k today which I knew was going to take me 2 hours so my plan was to get up and out the door by 7 am to get it done.

However, when 7 rolled around, I didn't want to get up.

I was laying there in bed thinking maybe I'd just do it later in the day while the kids were playing or maybe later when we got home or maybe I just would skip it all together.

Thankfully, I did make myself get up and out the door - I told myself that even if I didn't get the whole 15k in, something was better than nothing even though I knew full well that once I was out there, I'd want to get the whole 15 done.

The hotel had a breakfast so I grabbed a banana and a few strips of bacon in a napkin on my way out the door which I ate while I 'warmed up'.

It was 7:45 when I got started and it was already hot out there.

Going to be a gorgeous day.

Fort Saskatchewan has tons of amazing trails - they are paved and they are everywhere and everyone was out using them.

I saw other runners, walkers, bikers and lots of people out walking their dogs.
I kind of fell in love with Fort Saskatchewan a bit if I'm being honest.

I think I would consider moving here.

The trails kind of went along side the river and they just seemed to keep going and going.

I had to use the washroom almost right away, just after I was 1k in so I found a gas station and used theirs.
I always feel guilty and like I need to make a purchase so I bought a powerade drink - It was annoying to carry in my hands though.
I tried putting it in my bra in the back and that actually worked out pretty well.
The cold drink felt good on my back as it was already hot out there and I was sweating my but off.

I ended up having to the washroom again at the 6 k mark and ended up finding an outhouse in a park.
It didn't have any toilet paper which was annoying but I happened to have that napkin from the bacon I got for breakfast luckily and I made work.

I went out about 7.2k then I turned and ran back to the hotel.

I was at 14.5 when I got back to the hotel so I had to keep going .5 more to get to my 15 and that .5k was the hardest of the whole run.
It felt so good to be done!

My exercise details and average heart rate.
The trails has a few little hills but were mainly flat for the most part which was nice.

My average pace and splits.

I was kind of surprised that it was so high honestly with the trails being mostly flat but I had to walk a couple times due to bathroom issues and there were two pretty long steep hills plus I think I'm not as alert first thing in the morning or something, my paces tend to be a bit slower for whatever reason.

Sure feels good to get the run out of the way early though.

My video check in for the day.

The girls were playing together when I got back to the room.
Jason and Crystal had already taken them to the pool for a swim which I missed out on but I was grateful that they got to go and I was able to get my run out of the way.

We stopped at Winners briefly last night so I could get Freya a pair of sandals and she picked out this little dress which she put on as soon as we got back to the room last night and looks like she is wearing it again today.

She just loves it.

The girls were taking selfies with Randy's phone and he posted this one - too cute.

We considered taking the girls to an indoor play park in Edmonton today but because it was so nice outdoors, we decided it would be a shame to spend it inside and instead found an outdoor park in Fort Saskatchewan to try out.

This one we found was called Andy's Park and it had good reviews so that's where we headed.

It was a nice park, all sandy which I liked.

It had a little zipline which the girls checked out.
Zepplyn when first.

Freya's turn.

Crystal pushed her on the saucer swing.

I tried to get a picture - my photographer skills are lacking.

Crystal got a good one though.

It was getting really hot so we decided to leave there and head to a nearby splash park.
There was an ice cream truck right by the parking lot so we got ice cream cones on our way by.

Everyone enjoying an ice cream.

Zepplyn wanted her LOL doll in the picture.

So I took a proper on - probably my best picture of the trip - too bad it's of a doll.

It was a cute little splash park - the water was super cold though - hard to get used to.

Lots of different little water features.

Lots of people there too.

Crystal took this great shot of the girls under a water umbrella.

Just whipping her hair around, not sure why?

There was also a playground the girls played in for a bit.

We hung out until around 3 then I had a couple things I wanted to do before heading home and it's a 3 hour drive so we figured we better get on the road.
I wanted to buy a water filtration system because out water cooler isn't working so we had a look at those.
Jason was looking for sausage casings but wasn't really having any luck.

We stopped at the Italian Market for sandwiches and Jason got us a few treats to try.
The pistachio croissant was delicious.
He said the blueberry filled doughnut was great too but I skipped trying that - I just recently started eating fresh blueberries but anything else blueberry is just not for me.

The cannoli's were soggy and not good.
We should have known - they are always like that when they sit there with the filling in them.
We had them in Philadelphia when we were there and they only put the filling in when you order them and those were actually really good, best one's we've ever had.

We also stopped at McDonald's and got the girls happy meals.
Freya was pretty much out like a light as soon as we hit the road.

We stopped in Westlock to look for sausage casings at Peavey Mart (we found some) and I took the girls to Giant Tiger to let them pick out a toy.

There wasn't much of a selection but they each did find something.
They also had Freya's spicy cheesies and she told me I needed to get 3 bags of them for her, so I did.

She picked out slime for her treat which I knew was a bad idea but I got it anyway and they both ended up with it all over their clothes and Zepplyn even managed to get it in her hair.

So needless to say, it went in the garbage as soon as we got home and I won't be buying it again in the future 😃

She also decided I should have a treat too while we were at Giant Tiger and Jason just happened to capture the moment.
She's so sweet and thoughtful.

Couldn't get the girls to smile for pictures so took one of Jason and I instead.

We dropped Zepplyn off at home and took Freya to our place.
Kody was still working and Haylee didn't have a vehicle but she was missing Freya so we took her home.
She didn't want to go, wanted to spend the night with us again but we finally convinced her.
We figured once she got home she'd be ok to stay but she was still determined to come to our place.

Kody was on his way home and wanted to see her so we told her that after her visit with Dad, she could come back.

She agreed to that finally so we left and I had a nice long hot bath.
My belly started feeling really yucky and I thought I was going to be sick.
I know it's because of all the crappy food I've been eating and I also know that I'm going to be up on the scale tomorrow.
I'm disappointed in myself but tomorrow is a new day and I'm determined to get back on track.

Once Kody got home, they ordered pizza and Freya ultimately decided that she wanted to stay with Mom and Dad which was just fine.
They are both working tomorrow so they'll be dropping her off with Jason in the morning for the day anyway.

It was a nice little getaway and I hope we get to do more this summer.

I know next weekend we are off to Drumhellar - Jason can't come because he's working but I'm going to go and take Alivia and Hunter with me.

Zepplyn found a branch full of white fluffy stuff yesterday by the park in St Albert and she was spreading it around and Crystal got this neat picture.
It's kind of cool stuff - I'm not sure what kind of a plant it is but it was everywhere.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment