Monday 18 July 2022

I Did NOT Want To Run Today (June 28, 2022)

 I don't know what it was today but I just did NOT want to go for a run.

I didn't feel overly tired or anything, I just wasn't into it AT ALL!

I kind of procrastinated about it and worked halfway through my lunch hour then I figured I'd just better go and get it done.

So I went home , got ready but just couldn't make my self go.

So instead, I skipped lunch and just went back to the office thinking maybe I'd leave a bit early and go then.

I stopped at the store on my way and got myself an energy drink - I don't normally drink them but I just felt like I needed something to give me a jolt.

After work, I was a bit better but still really feeling like I didn't want to go.

I had 12k to run and the idea of just going back and forth on the same streets just didn't appeal to me at all.

There have been two bear sightings right on my running route as well and I think that has been playing on my mind a little.

I've always know there have been bears around but actually seeing video of them in the spots where I run everyday is a bit scary.

So I ultimately decided to just go down on the treadmill, take it really slowly if I needed and just do what I could.

It started off great, I felt really good, bumped it up to a 5.0 and was able to sustain that.

Around the 2 mile mark, Haylee called to see if I could take her to the store, Kody is away at school and she doesn't have a vehicle.

I knew it was going to be some time before I finished my whole work out so I just paused it and went and took her.

Then when I got back home, I jumped back on.

It still felt pretty good.

I watched videos on The Running Channel on Youtube - I've been behind on them.

That was a least a little inspirational for me.

When I got around the 6 mile mark, my feet were starting to bother me - I was wearing my alphaflys and they were feeling tight so I hopped off and change into my Nike Infinity's which are a little big but were just perfect this far into a run because I think my feet were swollen a little.

I couldn't sustain the 5.0 after that so kind  of went back and forth between 4.0 and 4.5, even did a minute here and there at 3.0 and 3.5.

The main thing though is that I did it.

This is the smile of someone who is super happy that the workout she did NOT want to do is finally DONE for the day.

It took me and hour and 46 minutes which is far longer than it would have taken me outside but like I said, the main thing is that it is done.
7.5 miles or just over 12k - thank goodness.
Tomorrow is a rest day so hopefully by Thursday I'll feel refreshed and ready to go.

My video check in for today.

Jason was super busy today doing yard work and making sausage and doing all kinds of things he's been wanting to get done before he heads back to work tomorrow and he even made us a nice supper.
We had salad and shrimp and instant mashed potatoes again.

I am happy to report that I have another full day of tracking my points under my belt and I even had 1 point left at the end of the day.
It's only been two days but I'm feeling better already.

As soon as Jason sat down, Paddington was right there on his lap.

He didn't care that Jason was trying to eat.
He just burrowed right in there and he isn't going anywhere.

He's such a little love bug.

Ha ha!!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment