Thursday 28 July 2022

10k Run and Splash Park Fun (July 16, 2022)

Freya spent the night last night and I was hoping she'd sleep in a bit this morning so I could get some work done on my blog.

Looks like Morgan was up early getting a cake ready to go - she posted this first thing.
She is getting so good.

I didn't manage to get very far into blog catch up before Freya got up but that's ok - I love cuddles with her in the morning.

I was trying to convince her to have a bath so that I could wash and brush her hair but she really didn't want to.

I had to take a picture of the knots in her hair to show her how bad it was.

That finally convinced her so I gave her a bath and brushed out her hair.
I got some new conditioning milk that you spray in and it worked like a charm - the knots came right out.

I had 10k to run today and it was getting close to noon and I still hadn't heard from Kody and Haylee so I came up with this awesome plan.

At least I thought it was awesome.

Freya wanted to go to the park and she wanted Hunter to come too so I figured I'd take them and let them play and I'd run around the track in the park.

It's made out of recycled tires so it's nice and spongy and flat.
The downfall is that it's only .25 or so of a km so in order to get 10k done, I'd have to do it 40 times.
.
But whatever, I figured I'd just go and get it done.

I called to see if Hunter wanted to go, picked him up, took them to the store for treats then went to the park and got settled.

Once there, I realized that I'd forgotten to bring socks with me.
I had everything unpacked and the kids were playing and I didn't feel like packing it all back up so I called Kody and Haylee to see if one of them could come sit with the kids at the park while I ran back home for socks so they both came.

I went and got my socks and got started.
I did 12 laps around the park and it felt really good actually but it was a bit boring.
Kody and Haylee had ended up staying at the park, some friends of theirs were there so they were visiting so I left out of the park to go finish up the rest of the run.

Run is done.

I did the first 4k in the park just running loops then went out to the roads in town to get the other 6k.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
My times were really good when I was running on the track in the park.
Really a 7.10 average pace is the best I've had in a long time here at home.

My check in video for the day.

Once my run was complete - I was able to just enjoy hanging out at the park with everyone.
It had turned into a gorgeous day.

So we all moved down to the splash park.

It has this big wheel that you need to turn every now and then to get things going.

Hunter took no time at all getting right in there.

Freya was a bit more cautious.

The water does feel shockingly cold at first.

She eventually got in though.

There were lots of kids using the splash park which was nice to see.

Running around.

Hunter was having a grand time.

The kids love running around the edge, I'm always worried they are going to wipe out and get hurt but hasn't happened so far.

Haylee watching the kids.

Hunter daring his buddy to get him (He did)

Splash Park fun on a hot July day.

Haylee thinking about going in to get cooled off.

This little girl was fearless, she ran right through everything.

Of course I was snapping lots of photos.

I love the water droplets in the picture - looks so cool.

Hunter and this little guy became great pals.

They played together all afternoon.

Kody thinking about cooling off.
He  did go under the bucket.

Then once he was all wet, he was hugging Haylee to get her wet too.

Then he convinced her to get under the bucket too.
They are braver than I.

Freya thought that was great - she wouldn't get under the bucket though, can't say as I blame her.

Hunter went under the bucket several times.

Daddy/daughter time.

This makes my heart happy.

We spent all afternoon at the park then when it was time to go home, Freya did not want to go.
I dropped Hunter off then went in the house with Freya - she didn't want me to  leave at all.
So I sat with her - she said she was tired and she cuddled in on my lap and was asleep within minutes.

I sat and held her for a while before I got Kody to take her and put her in bed.
I would have loved to have her spend the night again but I have to run 27k tomorrow and I'm hoping to get an early start.

I spent the evening just working on blogging - I'm really trying to get caught up.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment