Monday 25 July 2022

A Trip Down Memory Lane (July 6, 2022)

Rest day and I'm off to NS tomorrow so heading to the city for the night tonight. 

It was my rest day and I enjoyed every moment.

I was going through some more pictures before I left.

I love taking a trip down memory lane and looking at pictures but looking at these and realizing that my Dad is no longer here was tough.

I wish I had more pictures.

Mom and Dad on New Years Eve - I'm thinking she was pregnant with Jennifer in this picture so it would have been Dec.31, 1978.

Mom and Dad smooching in a cave in Switzerland - that's me photobombing on the bottom right of the picture.

This is when we had family pictures taken with my Dad's side of the family.

Again, Jennifer is just a baby (she's the crying baby being held up in the back) so this was likely from 1979.

There was only one more grandchild born after these pictures were taken - and several grand children.

These pictures mean a lot to me - My Meme passed away just a year and a bit later after suffering a very long time from Cancer.

I wish I'd had more time with her - I was so young when she passed away.

I think these were taken just before we moved back to Canada from Germany in 1981.
Another of the whole family - I love it.

This was from my grade 12 graduation so June 1990.

Mom and Dad were split up by then but they both attended and were cordial to one another and I was always thankful for that.

Just Dad and I.
I hope my Dad knows how very much I loved him.

I worked from home again today - my cough it better but still not gone - I hope it clears up before I get on my flight tomorrow afternoon.

After work, I packed up and headed into the city.
My flight doesn't actually leave until 2 in the afternoon but it's pretty much a 3 hour drive to the airport, I need to be there 2 hours in advance and I have a run to get in tomorrow so I just figured if I was already in the city, I wouldn't be so rushed.

I stayed at Four Points by Sheraton - I love their beds and bedding.
Plus they have extended parking for $7.50 a day which is much cheaper than the parking lot we normally use!

I straightened my hair.
I love my new straightener that I bought - it actually does a pretty good job.
It will need a touch up after my run tomorrow because I'll sweat but it should last for a day or two anyway.

I ordered a pizza for my supper and just hung out in my hotel room and watched some tv for the evening.
I had planned on some blog catch up but I forgot to take my computer with me.

Dee sent me this picture.
Mel and Adrien made it to Newfoundland.

They had a chance to visit Dee and do a bit of sight seeing before they were off to PEI.

They flew in there as they are picking up Dad's vehicle - Dee is giving it to Rob.

They are going to drive from Nfld to PEI for Dad's Celebration of Life then they are going to drive all the way back to Alberta.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment