Monday 18 July 2022

Bloodwork, Sunburn & 10k Run (June 17, 2022)

Pretty quiet day over here today.

I had a phone appointment with my doctor over the phone yesterday as I had some questions about my IUD.

I had it place nearly 5 years ago now so normally that would mean it is time for a new one but when I had my pap smear done last year, the doctor that did it told me that sometimes IUD's can last longer than 5 years and since I'm 50, I should probably check with the doctor that put it in to see.

So turns out it can be left in a bit longer but she wanted to know if I'd gone through menopause yet.

I have absolutely no idea whether I have or not, I've not really had any symptoms so she recommended I get blood work to find out what my levels are.

From there she can determine how much longer we can leave it in.

So I was off to the hospital this morning to get my blood work done.

It was super fast, in and out and back to work within less than 20 minutes.

I got a bit too much sun in NB/NS and I am getting all these little blisters on my shoulders.

I was trying to take a picture of them but you can't really see them.

I know this means I'm going to be peeling for sure though.

I made sure that I got out at lunch for my run today, I didn't want it hanging over my head all afternoon.
I forgot to put my contacts on and my glasses were fogging up like crazy.

I had to run 10k today so I kind of did a zig zag around town.
I'm getting good at it!

My exercise details and average heart rate.
152 is not bad.

My average pace and splits.
7.24 is not bad either.

My video check in for today.

I think that's me, I have that cilantro soap gene.
There can be the tiniest bit of cilantro in a dish and I'll pick it out right away - and I DO NOT like it AT ALL.
I usually pick it all out and give it to Jason - he loves the stuff!

Kody called around 8:45 to see if Freya could come for a sleep over and he brought her over.

She came in, gave us a hug then when Kody said he was leaving, she said she wanted to go with him.

Kody thought she was just joking or playing around but no, she was serious and she left with him.

So weird for her to do that but not gonna lie, I was super tired so it was ok with me.
I'll have her over tomorrow night instead I'm sure.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment