Monday 18 July 2022

Rockwood Park, Pool and Family Time (June 11, 2022)

Jason & I had planned on heading out for our runs first thing but we ended up sleeping in and Mathew's girlfriend, Tenesha was bringing their new baby, Oliver, over to Betty's to meet us so we ended up going straight there instead.

What a little cutie he is - so content and happy.

After our visit with Tenesha and Oliver, we researched a couple of trails in the area and ended up deciding on one that we wanted to check out.

Ready to run!

It was hot and sunny out there and I forgot to put on my contacts so I couldn't wear my sunglasses so Jason lent me a baseball cap.

The park we went to was called Rockwood Park.

It was really pretty.

It was huge.

We split up of course because Jason is way faster than me.

I was hoping for flat, easy trails but alas, they've eluded me again.
It was very hilly but there was a lookout point so it was worth it.

It was so hot out there, holy smokes, I felt like I was melting.

My phone was a bit fogged up for the pictures but I'm including them anyway.
There was this boardwalk area with some bench seating looking out at this great view.

There was a main boat house area with a restaurant I wish we'd had time to check out.
You could also rent kayaks and stuff there which would have been fun.

I was really enjoying the views but the running was tough.
The trails weren't marked very well so I had no idea where I was going.
I went back and forth over the same spots quite often and it was tough going to try to get 15k.

At one point I had to go to the washroom so I had to stop and walk a bit to find a washroom.
There was one in the main building but we were really far away from there.
Luckily I found 1 otherwise I would have been in for a pretty good walk.

There were lakes all over and people all over - really a nice park.
I can't believe there weren't more bathrooms though - there definitely should have been.

I headed back to the car when I finished up and Jason was running 21k - he was a bit turned around too but he did it.

Got my 15k done.
It was the hottest time of the day of course and the nicest day I've seen yet tis year so I was proud of us that we made it through.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
I'm not surprised it was so high - it was tough going.

Training check in video.

After the run, we headed back to Dawn & Betty's.
It was Nathan's birthday so they were having a bbq and party for him.

The first thing I wanted to do though was hop in Dawn's pool.

I got the boys (Ethan & Declan). each a dinosaur floatie for the pool.

It was super cold getting in so it took me a few minutes to get in but once I was in, it was nice.
I'm not a jump in kind of person, I'm a get in inch by inch and climatize on the way.

There were more floaties than people in the pool.

Just floating around in the pool was so nice.

Jason and Quinn became fast friends.
He's so good with kids, he really gives them his full attention and they love it.
They are always drawn to him and he genuinely enjoys them so it's a win win.

Dawn, Jen and I.

I stole some of Kelsey's pictures - she always has a filter on!
Dawn and Kelsey.

Dawn.

After swimming we had supper.
Nate made a bunch of ribs and I also had a hot dog with a top split bun.
They don't have buns like that in Alberta so every time I'm on the East Coast, I always make sure to have one.

There were games of washer toss going on.

I should have joined in but I was busy eating.

Quinn was having a game with a little boy that dropped by.

Then she decided to 'teach' Jason how to play.

She thought it was just great.

Then we all just sat around and visited.
My cousin Joey, his best bud Jason and a few friends of theirs that dropped by.

Joey and Kelsey.
These are Kelsey's pictures - you can tell by the filter!

Nate and Kelsey.

Dawn and Kelsey.

Jason, Joey, Tenesha and Kelsey.

JP and Kelsey.

Tenesha and Kelsey.

Kesley, Dawn & Jen.

Jason, Joey & Kelsey.

Kelsey and Declan.

Kelsey and Ethan.

Jennifer and Kelsey.

Kelsey and Me.

Jason & Kelsey.

Kelsey and Jason's son and girlfriend. (Joey's friend Jason).

Tenesha, Dawn and Kelsey doing shots.

Kelsey & Dawn.

Thank goodness Kelsey took all kinds of pictures - I completely forgot and barely took any.

We hung out all night and visited again.
Listened to music and chatted.
It was really nice.

Dawn's son Nathan and his girlfriend dropped by so I got to meet her and see him so that was nice.

We headed out around 11:30 back to the hotel.
I think the hot weather today did me in and I was tired.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment