Monday 18 July 2022

Girl of Many Outfits (June 24, 2022)

 It's Friday!!!!

My favorite day of the week and also, the last Friday I have to work until September - we get Friday's off all summer and I'm all about it!

Jason sent me a picture of a little visitor he got this morning.
Both Haylee and Kody are working today so Freya is spending the day with him.

The made eggs for breakfast but first they had to colour them.

This is Daddy Egg.

Baby Freya Egg.

Another Freya Egg.

And Papa Jason Egg.

She goes through a lot of outfit changes in the run of a day.

This is a dress I picked up for her at the second hand store.
She calls anything with the tulle a princess dress and she is all about them right now.

Since it is our last Friday and a lot of folks are planning on taking vacation next week, we decided to have a bbq at the office for lunch today.

We also just got a new bbq so we thought we'd test it out.

Shennelle, Jody and Larry - just waiting on the food to be cooked.
Bob and John did all the cooking.

Grub is ready.
Bonnie and John dishing up.

We had hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad and macaroni salad.
It was pretty good - I love me a bbq'd hot dog!

Our office crew has sure dwindled over the years but there are still a few of us left.

Blair, John and Dan.

Calvin, Shennelle, Jody and Larry.

Bob and Blair.

Bonnie and I.

It was nice to sit and visit with everyone and tell stories about old times - I always really enjoy it when we get together  like that.

I made sure to go out for my run as soon as I got home so there was no opportunity for procrastination.

I only had to run 8k today which was nice.

My exercise stats and average heart rate.
It felt pretty good again today even though my average heart rate is up slightyly.

My average pace and splits.
7.19 is the lowest that I've seen for a while so it was nice to see.

Video check in for today.

When I got home, Freya was still there and in a new outfit.
Good thing I like doing laundry!
She and I hung out for a bit while Jason went out to get his run done.

She & I went to the store to get a treat and you'll note she's wearing yet another outfit!
Ha ha - what a kid.

She ended up spending the night with us.

The Supreme Court justices in the US today voted to overturn Roe vs. Wade and I'm just over here thinking what the heck is going in - things are going backwards.

Whatever my feelings are about abortion - I do believe a woman has a right to choice over her own body.

They believe it is their place to take a way a woman's right on what to do with her own body but they don't believe it's their place to get involved or take away a person's right to own a gun.
It's just wild to me.

One of the justices has even said that he wants former rulings in regards to contraception, gay relationships and gay marriage to be looked at next to be possibly overturned as well.
Like what the F@*$!

It is just stunning to me - what the heck is going on?
I don't even know what else to say about that.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment