Monday 18 July 2022

Unwelcome Stow-a-Way, Grey Be Gone & Class 1 Achieved! (June 29, 2022)

 I got up this morning and I noticed a black spot on my leg.

At first I thought it was a mole or something.

Then upon closer inspection I realized it was a tick.

OMG - it freaked me out.

I had no idea where it came from - luckily it didn't seem to be latched on yet.

Jason looked up how they should be taken off and we got the tweezers out and he took it off for me.

I have no idea where it came from which is what freaks me out the most.
Jason thinks we might have brought it back from NS with us on our luggage or something.

I'm not sure but if so, hopefully it's the only one.

We checked ourselves over really well and didn't see anymore but I'll be thinking about it for days now.
We'll have to check our kitties over too just to make sure nothing got on them.

We are having a work safety meeting in Slave Lake today, lunch is at noon then the meeting is from 1 - 2:30.
Bonnie is on vacation this week so Shennelle and I are the only ones going.
Bob gave us one of the spares to take and we headed out a bit early so we could do some shopping.

The meal the gave us was pretty good.
Roast beef and horseradish which I love!
Then mashed potatoes, salads and fruit.

The meeting went a bit over time but not too bad.
I got to meet a couple of guys that I have been working with for years now but have never met before so that was kind of nice.

After the meeting, we made one more stop to pick up pinto beans for Jason who is going to eat vegetarian this week (he's been doing it for 1 week every month since the start of this year) then we hit the road for home.

I had a hair appointment yesterday but my hairdresser (Kim) asked if we could move it to today and she gave me a few times to choose from.

Since I was out of town for the afternoon I chose the latest time slot (4;30) but I figured I might be able to get there a bit early.

However, there was construction and traffic and the drive home was a bit slow so that didn't happen.
I pulled up to the hair dresser at 4:30 on the nose. 

I forgot to take a before picture but here is a 'during' picture.

I'm just getting the roots done this time around.

The grey is all gone for another few weeks - Yay!

In other news, Kody had his test for his Class 1 Driver's License today and he passed (I knew he would).
He was pretty happy.
So proud of him for taking it on and I hope he can find himself a good job now.
I'm sure he will.

Freya called to have a video chat with me.

Jason went over to visit her since she's going to be away all weekend but I didn't go with because I was tired and I'm going to be with her all weekend anyway.
We played around with some filters (that's why her eyes look so creepy).

I went over on my points today but I did track everything and I didn't eat anything 'bad'.
I had a  lot of pistachios and almonds (nuts are my nemesis) and I was measuring them out but I kept going back for more.

It was my rest day today and I've been really taking advantage of the rest days, not even getting my 13,000 steps in but I really think I need it.

I only have 8k to run tomorrow and hopefully I'll feel rested and raring to go.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment