Thursday 28 July 2022

10k Run in Whitecourt for a Change of Scenery (July 15, 2022)

 Freya slept over last night and I asked Kody to come pick her up early so I could go for my run.

He did come and get her around 9 and said that they were going to WCT so I decided to go with them.

I figured I could do a bit of shopping then if they didn't mind waiting for me, I could do my run there for a change of scenery.

They ended up locking themselves out of the house and the car keys were in the house so we got a late start.

We ended up taking my vehicle and I was going to buy them a new lock so they could 'break' into the house when we got back home but my brother Adrien ended up going over there and getting in somehow.

He must be magic.

We went to Walmart and I got some essentials then we went to the second hand store.

I picked out a bunch of stuff for Freya (she helped) mainly dresses.

When she was all shopped out, she and Kody played out in the mall.

There were little rides so she wanted to try them out of course.

I told her that her Dad just loved Barney when he was a little boy - I don't think she was all that impressed.

Riding with Barney.

They were going to go out for something to eat so I got them to drop me off at the top part of town.

I had to run 10k and I figured it would take me about an hour and a half so I made plans to meet them down in Rotary Park when I was done.

Run is done!

I managed to get the 10k done but let me tell you, it was tough.

Especially that last km, I had to do a walk/run combo to finish it up but I managed just barely.
I was so thirsty.
I texted Kody right away and asked him to bring me a bottle of cold water when he came to get me.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.

My video check in for today.

I downed the bottle of water in one gulp I think.
It was a super nice day out.
It would have been nice to hang out at the park and try the lazy river.

We had groceries in the car though and we didn't want them to spoil so we figured we'd better head home.

Kody did the driving which was nice so I got to sit in the back seat with my little sweetie.

She wanted to sleep over again so of course I let her.
I love spending time with her and this season of life is going to pass by so quickly I want to make sure I spend as much time with her as I can.

Jason is always so happy to see her when he gets home from work too.

Crystal took her and Zepplyn to the lazy river in WCT yesterday and took this cute picture of her.
I've not tried it out yet myself - hopefully I get to soon.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment