Monday 18 July 2022

8k Run and Sleep Over with Baby (June 21, 2022)

 Mom is flying out to NS today, she's planning on spending her summer between there and PEI.

So I made sure to get down before work to say Good Bye to her although I'm heading there myself in 3 short weeks so I'll be seeing her again right away.

Luckily Kody has one of his driving sessions in Edmonton at 1 this afternoon so it worked out perfectly that he could drop her off at the airport for me.

Mom is lookin forward to her trip but she is very adamant that she only wants to stay for 2 months this time. She was there nearly 6 months last time and she felt like that was just too long.

I only had to run 8k today so I got out on my lunch hour to get that done.

I went one of my regular routes but I made sure to NOT avoid the dreaded hill and you know what, it wasn't as hard as I was expecting.
I mean it was hard, but it was totally doable.
My new mantra is 'Hills make me stronger'.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
I did run a bit slower today, I think I had too.
By the looks of things, I'm thinking the marathon is going to take me about 6 hours to run, I was thinking I might get faster but I seem to be getting slower actually the longer distances I run.
That's ok though, as long as I am aware of my limitations and don't put any unattainable expectations on myself.
I'm just going to prepare myself mentally to be running for at least 6 hours on the day of the marathon.
If I go into it know what to expect I think I'll do much better.

My video check in for today.

After work, I got busy blogging again.
I have notes for all the days that I'm behind but it all still takes a lot of time.
Sometimes I'm not sure why I even keep up with it but I think down the road I'll be grateful that I did.

Around 5, Haylee asked if she could bring Freya over, she had somewhere to go and Kody was going to be another hour before he got home - of course I said sure.

Freya came over and immediately she wanted to go to the store for a treat.

So we hopped in the car and I took her down there and let her pick out something.
She picked out a big garlic sausage - ha ha - funny girl.

Jason had a package come in today and he found a really interesting use for the packing bubble stuff.

Muscles!
Freya took care of those, she popped all of them while he still had them inside his shirt.

Kody came by to pick Freya up but Jason is off tomorrow and she wanted to spend the night so we let her.

Right around bed time she decided to get dressed up.
She picked out a dress, nylons and got me to put her hair in ponytails.

It was after 11 before we convinced her to go to be and then I had to read her a story.

This is her favorite currently, she asks me to read it to her every time.
No More Diapers!

She just loves it.
After the story, it still took her a little bit to settle down and go to sleep but eventually she did.

I don't have to run tomorrow and I am so looking forward to the rest day.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment