Friday 15 July 2022

Our Trip to Nfld Has Come To An End. (May 30, 2022)

We woke up to an absolutely gorgeous day here in Nfld.

I wish we could stay longer but we are heading home today.

Our flight is at 6 pm this evening so we had a bit of time this morning to get a run in. 

I opted to just run on the road that Dad and Dee's house is on this morning.
It is hilly but there are gorgeous views everywhere.

This lake is just up the street from there place (they call them ponds here) and Dee said you can swim in it in the summer.

This is the wharf also just up from their place.
Dee said Dad would get his coffee everyday and jump in his vehicle with Ranger then drive down and sit here and drink his coffee.

So I had to run out to the end of the dock.

The ocean is a beautiful thing to watch, or any body of water for that matter.

When I lived in Dartmouth, I also used to get a coffee then drive and sit by the lake to drink it.

It's very soothing, even on a gloomy day which today was definitely not.

This is just past their place too but going in the other direction now.
The views of the ocean are spectacular.

Tough running but the views make it worthwhile.
If I ran here every day I'd be in great shape!

I just did an out and back but it included lots of tough hills and a section of it was on the trails in the woods so that part I had to slow down for but it was a great run and I'm glad it's done for the day.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
I was slow on the hills and the trail slowed me down too, plus I was stopping and taking pictures so all in all, I'm happy with this pace.

My video check in for today.

After my run, I had breakfast, showered and packed.
It's about an hour drive into the airport and we figured we should get to the airport around 3 so we were able to visit with Dee until almost 2 pm.

It's been so nice getting to know here - I never really got the chance to know her properly before and I was worried that the visit would be awkward but it wasn't at all.

She was very welcoming and made us feel comfortable right away.
Even though Dad is gone now, I want to maintain a relationship with Dee.

Firstly because I really like her and also she's my link to Dad - she's family.
Jason and I both said that we want to come back and spend more time in Nfld and with Dee as we've enjoyed this trip so much.

We said our good byes to Dee and Ranger then headed in to St John's.
We were going to stop for an ice cream along the way but both places we saw were closed so no ice cream, bummer!

We made it to the airport in plenty of time, dropped of our rental then on through security.
It was a breeze and we probably got there way earlier than we needed to but better to be early than late.

We decided to get a bite to eat at the restaurant in the airport.

I picked the pulled pork nachos.

Jason chose the Chicken Caesar Salad pizza.
It was literally a pizza crust with a chicken and Caesar salad up on top.
It was pretty good.

Our flight from Nfld ended up being delayed an hour but finally we made it onto the plane.

We were worried about catching our connecting in Toronto but we had about 40 minutes to spare.

Normally we just check the flight board for gates and stuff but because we were a little pressed for time, we asked the gate agent as we got off the plane what gate the Edmonton flight was at and she sent up to gate 53 where we sat until it was time to board.

Then they stopped boarding just as we got to the front of the line as they had no pilot and while we were standing there, Jason noticed that it said Calgary on the gate information screen and sure enough, we were at the wrong gate.

We hoofed it over to a screen to find where out where the Edmonton flight was (gate 39) then ran over there as quickly as we could.

The plane was all boarded but luckily the door was still open so we made it just in the nick of time.

Thank goodness!

That would have really sucked if we'd missed our flight.
We didn't though and we were on our way.

They kept telling us we were going to have a lot of turbulence on the flight which I just hate but there were only a couple of rush patches in reality so it wasn't so bad.

We landed in Edmonton just around midnight then waited around for our luggage on the luggage carousel.
We stood there for what seemed like forever waiting for our luggage and lots of other people were standing there too so we were hopeful at first.

However, we soon realized that it was just the same stuff going round and round and nothing new was being added so at 12:30 or so, we went to luggage services.

There were already two people in line ahead of us and then all the other folks that were waiting for luggage also got in line after us so it was a huge line.

The poor guy at luggage services - I felt bad for him.

They are supposed to close at 1 am but it was close to 1 when we finished up so it looked like he was in for a late night.
He said he felt like quitting.

Anyway - turns out there was a mix up in Toronto and our luggage was still there but would be coming in on the first flight in the morning and they said they would deliver our luggage to us at home tomorrow.

We picked up our vehicle from the Park n Fly then stopped for some McDonald's before hitting the road.
I was exhausted and kept nodding off but would then wake right back up because I was so worried about Jason possibly nodding off even though he kept telling me he was fine.
It was a light night out and the sun was actually starting to come up by the time we made it home around 4 am.
I was so happy when we pulled into the driveway - I bet Jason was too!

Looks like they had a nice day in Swan Hills here today.
Haylee posted some pictures of Freya.
Nice shades.

Playing at the beach with friends.

Love that she had her rubber boots on - funny kid.

It's so nice that she had lots of little friends to hang out with.

Gathering rocks - is there anything more fun than that as a kid?

I thought this was fitting.

So true - when I was a kid I was always trying to get my parents to let me stay up and now I look forward to going to bed at night.

Yup!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment