Monday 18 July 2022

Shearwater Flyer Trail, Pictionary and Cool Shower Curtains (June 13, 2022)

I had 8k to run today and Jason found this trail near by that we decided to check out.

The Shearwater Flyer trail.
We rode our bikes down to the base in Shearwater, locked them up and hopped on the trail.

 

The trail was so nice, pretty much flat and well groomed, reminded me of the Confederation Trail in PEI.

I had to run 8k today but about 2k in, I had to go to the washroom so I had to stop and walk back to a Tim Horton's to use the washroom then back to the trail.

Happy smile because run is done.

I ended up running 10k since I had to stop at the 2k mark for a bit and I wanted to have the 8k all together.

Exercise details and average heart rate.

Average pace and splits.
I was pleased with that.

Video check in for today.

After our run, we took our bikes and went back on the trail then made our way back to Jen's.

I had to stop and take some pictures of all the blooms because they looked so pretty.

Rhododendrons.
I love how they look when they are in bloom but I'm not crazy about the way the plant looks when it has no blooms.

This one yard even had a little inukshuk.

I love, love, love clematis and this one in particular was so gorgeous, I love the colors.
I used to have one in my garden when I lived in Dartmouth.
I don't think they'd survive at home in Swan Hills.

We decided to have supper in tonight and spend the night playing games with the boys.

I had another hot dog on a split bun, just because I could!
Oh so good.

I got an order of perogies with the works.
They were pretty darn delicious.

We also got burgers from a place called Cheese Curds - we'd eaten there before and liked it.

Jennifer and Declan.
The boys had their go to - McDonalds.

Jason and Ethan.

We had a game of Pictionary 
I don't even remember who won but it was fun just spending time together.

Jen just put a new tub surround in and she wants a new shower curtain so we spent some time looking at some cool ones.
This one made the vote.

But this one ultimately ended up winning and she ordered it.

Speaking of showers, I decided to finally wash my hair and when I took it out of the bun, this is what it looked like.
Scary!
This is what the humidity does to my hair.

This cute memory from Haylee's graduation popped up.
I love this picture.

Wise words.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment