Monday 18 July 2022

Weigh In and 12k Run on Tired Legs (June 20, 2022)

It's Monday so that means official weigh in day.

I was 197.8 lbs.
(my poor toes are looking rather ugly).

Happy to be out of the 200's and down a bit since last weigh in.

I do need to be more careful about what I'm eating though.

I'm using all this running as an excuse to eat more and to be honest, I am feeling more hungry but I need to reign it in a bit.

I'll take this for today though.

That's down 7.8lbs from my last weigh in which was really only a couple of days ago so on the right track.

I had 12km to run today which I wasn't really looking forward to.
One thing I did know was that I wanted to get it done on my lunch hour and I knew it would take me about an hour and a half so I started work early to make up that extra time.

I didn't want to leave it until after work and have it hanging over my head all day.

I did my zig zagging and back and forth around town - I'm getting pretty good at it.

My exercise details and average heart rate.
About normal for me.

My average pace and splits.
I was a little slower today but that's ok.
The run didn't end up being as bad as I was expecting it to be and it felt so good to get it done.

My video check in for today.

It was nice to have the run out of the way so I didn't have to think about it all afternoon at work.

I thawed out some leftover boiled dinner and when I got home from work, I put it on the stove to warm up and I hopped in a nice hot bath to soak.

I see a lot of baths in these final months of training!!

This is how the final months of training look - lots of long runs coming up in July for me.

Then the taper in August and the main event.
It's going to be here before I know it.

It was a pretty chill evening, I didn't feel like doing much.

Mom is flying out to NS tomorrow, she's going to spend the summer between there and PEI.
So I was helping her find a few things that she wanted to take with her.

Kody is going to drive her to the airport for me since he needs to be in the city tomorrow anyway which was super helpful for me.
I didn't want to have to take another day off to do it.

Rob dropped by for a quick visit to see her before she left.

Then I spent the rest of the evening working on blog catch up and eating way too much of the boiled dinner.
Enough is enough April - time to get back to tracking!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment