Friday 15 July 2022

15k Run and Happy 30th Birthday to My Boy (June 5, 2022)

I got to sleep in a little bit later this morning, I think I got up around 8 am

I had a coffee and a banana and watched another episode of Bridgerton.

I really wanted to make sure I got out for my run earlier today so it wouldn't be so hard, it was around noon when I headed out. 

It felt much better than yesterday, for the first 12k but after that, I started feeling tired and like I really wanted to quit.

I'm trying to get more creative with my runs to get these longer runs in, you can see I'm just all over town.

My exercise stats and heart rate were almost exactly the same as yesterday although the first 12k I ran today felt much easier than yesterday's 10k.

My splits and average pace.

You can see that I was getting slower and slower as the run continued on.

At the 13.98 k mark I had to use the washroom and I just so happened to have my office key with me so I popped in there to use the washroom.
(Plus it was a good excuse for me to have a little breather, I really needed it).

I paused my fitbit and the cleaning lady happened to be in there so I had a little bit of a chat with her.
I also downed a whole bottle of cold water and it was so good.

Afterwards, I only had 1k left to run and no way did I feel like running it.
I felt like just calling it a day and skipping the last 1k but I wouldn't let myself.
I made myself get it done.

These longer runs are just kicking my butt!

My daily video check in.

They had the triathlon here in town today, I had considered doing it but in the end decided not to, I figured just getting my 15k run in today would be enough.

Hunter entered it though - He did the whole thing, swimming, biking and running.
Morgan watched him do the swim then she biked and ran with him.

So proud of him for doing it!

Morgan posted this picture on her Snapchat.

When I got home from my run, I got Kody's 30 presents all set up.

Then I hopped in the bath for a nice hot soak.
I think it might have been a bit too hot because I was really dizzy when I went to get out.
Had to get Alivia to bring me a drink of water and just lay on my bed for a bit until it passed.

Mel and Adrien both had to work today so the kids came over around 2:30 then when I got out of the tub, Morgan was there too.

I had made a boiled dinner and I wasn't sure when everyone else was going to be showing up so we just went ahead and ate.

Kody and Haylee came over just after 5 and right after they ate, Kody dived into opening his presents.
He got two batches of 30 gifts, I got him 30 and so did mom.

He started with Mom's 30 first.

Of course the kids wanted to help.

Helping Kody open his birthday gifts.

The present opening continues.

Mom and Hunter.

Blurry close up of my boy.

After he got the first batch of gifts opened, Randy, Crystal and Zepply showed up so we decided to do cake.
I asked Alivia to record us singing Happy birthday and this is what she got.
Ha ha.
Better than nothing I guess.

Jason made him and ice cream cake and I couldn't wait to have a slice.

Quick scan of the party guests.

It was kind of sporadic party, Morgan had to leave before Randy and Crystal got there, Mel was away in Red Deer for work so she couldn't make it and both Robbie and Adrien had to work late, as did Jason, so none of them were there.

Starting in on the second batch of 30 gifts.

Number one down, 29 more to go.

The kids were all downstairs playing so we tried to get started without them just so Kody could open his own gifts but that didn't last long.

They were excited to help him though.

Hunter is so funny, Kody got a few packages of toilet paper and Hunter asked if he could have one because they were all out at home.
Funny kid.

Freya helping her Dad open presents.

Rob made it over around 7.
Even though the guests arrivals and departures were all scattered, it was a good day.
Kody got lots of things that he needed and some things that were just for fun and I think he felt really spoiled which is good.

After everyone left, Freya wanted Jason to take her to the park and since we are leaving to NS for a week on Tuesday, Jason wanted to spend a bit of time with her so off they went.

She wanted him to take her up there in her bike trailer on his bike.
I wasn't feeling up to biking but I did hop in the car and go up there with them.
She wanted to go to the park by the hospital.

These pictures Jason actually took the other day when he and she went to the same park.

She is getting so grown up - sitting on the tire swing all by herself.

Even standing on it.
It's awesome that she's growing up of course but a little sad too.

Sweet girl.

She probably would have stayed at the park for hours but it was already after 9 pm so we convinced her to leave by offering to take her to the store.

She agreed if she could get some cotton candy - she ended up getting an ice cream sandwich.

Then we took her home and she kept running out to get one more hug and kiss.
Aww - so sweet.

I almost made it to the car and she ran out again, just one more hug Grandma!
My heart melted.

She was 'balancing' on the car - so proud of herself.

Made Papa take a picture.

It was a good day!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment