Thursday 28 July 2022

Craft Room Re-Org is Finally in Progress Again (July 27, 2022)

It is rest day today and I am so going to soak it in!

 

Morgan sent out a cake this morning on OMG - it looks delicious.

It looks so professional too - she's getting so good.

It was a quiet day at work today again - the summer is always quiet.

Bonnie was at a meeting in the city so that left only Bob, Calvin, Tom and I and Calvin is out in the field most of the day.

At lunch, I took a bunch of my fall things that I had made and put them on my shelf at the hardware store.

I just paid for three months of having that shelf and I didn't have a thing on it so I figured it would better to have something out of season on it as opposed to nothing at all.

I'm really in the mood for crafting lately so I really want to get my craft room organized and my desk finished up.

I had enough time at lunch to get out the saw and cut all the pieces for my desk so my plan it to put it together after work.

I got the legs all put on this one part of the table and Jason helped me move it into the craft room.

I'm thinking now that it might be a bit short so I think I might add to the bottom of each leg to raise it up a bit.

My plan is to make another section just like this but with shorter legs that will sit on top.

While I was putting the legs on the first part, Kody called to see if we were still having Freya over.
She is going away with Crystal for 4 days to a family reunion so we wanted her to spend the night

He didn't have a vehicle so I went down and got her and Hunter saw us going so he asked to come too and then Kody also came - I wanted him to help me start the lawn mower because I thought I could fit that in too tonight - boy was I wrong.

He helped me with the table then Nadine dropped by so I could cut her out a stencil so Kody took over and started building the frame of the second table and I made the stencil.

I had computer trouble so it took longer than expected but I got it done.

Kody got the frame on the table done too but it was very warped so I didn't screw the top down.

I wasn't sure if I needed to change out some of the wood or if it would adjust once I did screw the top down and I wanted Jason's opinion.

Nadine offered to give Kody a ride home when she left and Hunter went too and Jason got home right around the same time.

He took the frame outside that Kody had built, straightened it out a bit (I'm not sure how) and then screwed the top down.

It's looking pretty good.

It was quite late by then so I didn't get much else done but I'm hoping to finish it up tomorrow.

I think I'll bring it in to the house after work and put a coat of paint on it then I'll mow the lawn, that's my plan right now anyway.

Kody is off to work early in the morning so he dropped back over to say Good Night to Freya and she ended up wanting to go home with him which is just as well.

It might have been rough getting her ready in the morning and dropping her off before I headed to work and now I won't need too.

I still got to spend the evening with her although I was really busy so I didn't really get to give her my full focus and attention but it was still good to see her.

My sister posted some pictures so I figured I'd share.
She doesn't very often so I love it when she does.
I like seeing what they are up to.

My sister and the boys planted a little mini garden.

Looks like it's coming along great.

The got harnesses for the cats and took them for a walk.

Ha ha - love it.

I think the cats really enjoyed it.

Haylee posted another cute picture of her and Freya.

Loved having my rest day today!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment