Monday 1 August 2022

8k Run, Lawn Mowed and Kid Free Weekend. (July 28, 2022)

It was a gorgeous day out here today - finally!
It was another chill day at work - I got another project completed that's been sitting on the back burner for a while so that felt goo.

Even though it was super hot out on my lunch hour I still went out to get my run done.
I figured I only had 8k to run so it wouldn't be that hot.

 
I did my 'top' of town route.
There isn't much shade so it was hot, hot, hot.

My exercise details and average heart rate - a little up from the norm.

My splits and average pace.
That was a little up too - I think it was due to the heat but I got it all done - that's the main thing.

My check in video for today.
It was a hard run in the hot, hot sun but I did it!

Work was pretty slow this afternoon so it felt like the afternoon took forever but eventually it was time to go home.

I decided to try to mow the lawn - I always seem to have trouble starting the lawn mower but I was able to get it started today after only a couple trys.

I ran out of gas before I finished the front so I had to go down and buy more.
I am always afraid to let the lawn mower turn off while I'm mowing the lawn because it's so hard for me to start but after I filled it with gas, it started right up.

I finished the front and I was going to leave the back for tomorrow but I ended up going back there and starting it and of course if I start it, I then want to finish it.
So I did.

It took me a couple of hours to mow that front and the back but it looked so good when it was all done and it takes it off Jason's plate.
I actually kind of like mowing the lawn anyway - I like it way more than I like shoveling snow!

When Jason got home, we walked down to the store for an ice cream cone and aside from that, I spent the rest of the evening relaxing on the couch.

Freya left with Randy, Crystal and Zepplyn this morning to go to a family reunion down in Innisfail for four days so looks like I'm going to have a kid free weekend.
I hope she has fun (I'm sure she will).


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment