Monday 1 August 2022

27km Run Under My Belt, Kinuso Costco and Ice Cream (July 31, 2022)

 I had hoped to get out by around 7 am this morning so I set my alarm for 6 am.
I actually ended up waking up at 5 am and I considered getting up and heading out then but because I'd gone to bed so late I figured I really needed to get some extra rest before heading out.

So I stayed in bed until 7 then I got up and got ready to head out.
I had a banana and some of the Amino Energy drink and used the bathroom a couple times then hit the road at 7:40.

I only made it 1.7k in when I had to use the washroom.
I knew I was heading to the marina at the campground up the road but I wasn't sure how much further away it was or if it was even open yet so I had to turn around and go back to Bonnie's.
I couldn't run either, had to walk and that took me about 20 minutes.

But then I figured I'd be good to go for the rest of the run and I headed back out.

It had started raining so I grabbed my raincoat while I was there.

I ended up having to go to the washroom again once I got near the marina and luckily it was open so I was able to.

That got me a little worried though so instead of heading to the highway like I had originally planned, I ran through the campground.

I knew there were outhouses in there just in case and I did end up having to go one more time so I'm glad I did that.

Plus I got to run up by the lake and it was really pretty so I'm glad I went that way.

It was rainy and drizzly for most of the run but too warm for me to wear my raincoat - I only had it on for a couple minutes then I tied it around my waist for the rest of the run.

The misty weather was actually quite nice to run in.

I left the campground and headed to the highway.
It was hard but not impossible - I was saying mantras to myself and just telling myself the whole time that I just had to make it to the highway then once I turned around and headed back, I'd be on the home stretch.

I got to some train tracks just before the highway when I was right at 18k and wouldn't you know it, a train was going by so I had to stop for a few minutes to let it.
I took that opportunity to eat the gu pack I'd brought with me.
I'd also brought two granola bars but I'd eaten those around the 5k and 10k marks.

After the train, I ran to the highway then started heading back.

When I got to the 24.5k mark, the rain stopped and the sun came out full force.

It was nice but by 26k I was getting really hot and feeling very thirsty.

I hadn't brought anything to drink with me - not that I'd forgotten, I just didn't want to carry it.
That probably wasn't the best idea but thinking about water helped get me through that last km.

I was so proud of myself for getting it done.
I really needed that.

I think if I'd had water I could have even gone a few more km's.
Not 15 more but a few and I think that knowledge is really going to help me mentally in the marathon!

And also, I've now officially made it the taper section of the training plan - yeah!
Just completing this training plan will be a feat in itself!

The marathon is getting close now - just 20 days away.

27k run under my belt.
That's the longest I've run to date and it felt awesome to accomplish it.

My exercise details and average heart rate.
I did try to keep my pace very slow so not surprised to see that low heart rate.
I was more concerned about finishing the 27 k than trying to do it fast.

My average pace and splits.
I'm very pleased with these numbers.
These will likely be close to what I'll be able to do at the marathon.

I kept it to a slow pace on purpose so I could sustain it.

I took me 3 hours and 34 minutes to complete the run.
Then if you factor in the bathroom breaks and the walk I had to do to get to the washroom, I was out there for a total of 4 hours and 20 minutes - it was exactly noon when I got back to the lake lot.

So my goal for the marathon is to finish in under 6 hours and if I can run similar to these paces, I should be able to do that.

My check in video for today.

When I got back to the lake lot - they were making breakfast.
I changed out of my sweaty clothes (I was soaked through with sweat and rain) and had a sponge bath to clean up.
I'll have a bath later when I get home.
Then I had a coffee and my salad that I'd brought yesterday plus a slice of toast and some bacon.

Nadine dropped by after a bit she, Bonnie, Judy and I went to check out Kinuso Costco.
It's actually the dump - it's a super clean dump and they have a take it or leave it stall where people can drop off things they don't want but that are still good and anyone who comes in can go through it and take what they want.
I think it's a great idea - some stuff people throw away is still really good and it helps to keep things out of the land fill.
I wish our land fill would do it.



There wasn't much there today but I found a couple of old books that I liked the looks of...

 and these parts from a croquet game.
Not sure what I'll do with them but I just thought they looked neat - I'll figure out something.

After our trip to 'Costco' Bonnie and Judy went for a quad ride with June and Andre and I headed over to Nadine's camper to help her with this sign that she is making.
She showed me all around her lot - she has hers set up really nicely as well.
Then we got to the sign.

She found this old headboard at Kinuso Costco and wants to make it into a Welcome sign.
We made a stencil for it but when she painted it and pulled the stencil off, it pulled off some of the paint.
So then we made another stencil but this time with permanent vinyl however, it was cheap vinyl and I didn't really have high hopes for it so I offered to come paint the 'Welcome' on free hand.
I'd brought all my tools with me, paint brushes, paint, painters tape, chalk and measuring tape.
I free handed the welcome and she was happy with it.
I offered to paint it in too but she insisted she would do it so I left her too it.

I headed back to Bonnie's but they were still out quadding so I packed up my stuff and headed home.
It was around 5:30 at that point and I wanted to get home and have a nice bath and be done before Jason got home from work.
And that's exactly what I did.

I was feeling stiff and achy from the run and I have a lot of chaffing going on around my bra line area, my panty line area and the top of my pants too of all places - it's really painful but I don't really know how to avoid it.

Jason made burgers at work today for the guys so he made one up for me and brought it home to me for my supper.
It was gigantic.
It was so good but I could only eat half of it.

Later in the evening, I got a craving for ice cream so went down and got ice creams.
I got two scoops which is really four scoops and she was super generous.
It was so big I knew I couldn't eat all of it, I ended up putting a quarter of it onto Jason's (she wasn't as generous with his) and then I still couldn't finish.
It was good though!

We headed to bed fairly early.
Tomorrow is a holiday but I'm going to work since Jason is working anyway and take next Friday off instead, it's the only Friday we don't get off in the summer but Jason is off that weekend so I figured having that day off would be better.

We think we may go to the city Thursday night to see a movie then do some shopping on Friday.
There are a lot of August birthdays in the family (Haylee, Freya, Alivia and Mel) so I'm hoping I can have a bbq on Sunday and do cake and stuff for everyone because we are going to be away in Iceland for 10 days and August is always so busy.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment