Tuesday 2 August 2022

Weigh In Day - Short but Tough 8k Run (Aug.1, 2022)

 Weigh in day.

I fell off the wagon a bit.

Well actually, that's a lie - I fell off the wagon completely.

I have not been following WW at all and I've been eating chips and cookies so I was expecting to be up on the scale and I was.

199.8 lbs today.

That's up .8 lbs from last weeks weigh in.

Not horrible but still way closer to 200 than I feel comfortable with.

However, that being said, while I don't want to just have an all out food fest, I don't think I'm really going to hunker down and follow WW completely until I get back from Iceland after the marathon.

When I do though - I am really going to give it my all - still want to get to my goal of half of my weight and I am determined to do it.

I worked today even though it was a  holiday - I'm going to take Friday off instead.

I worked from home though.

It was pretty slow.

I called it a day around 3:30 pm and headed out for my run.
I wasn't looking forward to it but I only had to run 8k today so that helped get me out the door.

I had a route planned in my head but ended up having to go back to the house around the 3 k mark to use the washroom so that put a bit of a wrench into things.
Not a big deal though, just finished it up in the center of town instead of the top.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.

The run felt super hard today, even harder than yesterday in fact.

I had a little bit of pain in my groin, not constant though so I just kept going.

It was so tough, I could tell that I was going super slow but I just didn't have it in me to go any faster.
I have another 8k run tomorrow and then Wednesday is rest day and I can't wait.

My video check in for today.

After my run, I got out the saw and cut up my pvc pipe to make a holder for my craft paint.

This is the third one I've made - I realized that they are all different sizes.

I still need to make a few more but I can't get pvc pipe here in town so I'll have to grab some next time we go to the city.

Once I get them all put together, I'm going to spray paint the outside white and I think it will be a great way to store/organize my paints.

I cooked up some fish and fries for supper.

Jason headed out for a bike ride when he got home from work - I was watching tv but I was falling asleep so I went to bed around 8:30.

Guess that run yesterday really tuckered me out.

Crystal posted some pictures from the weekend with the girls - looks like they had a fun time.

Freya potato sack racing.

Zepplyn in her potato sack.

Freya playing some other game - I think the idea was to catch a ball in that cup on the hard hat.

Looks like Zepplyn caught the ball.

Looks like a giant pool of bubbles/ foam.

Wonder how they made all those bubbles?

Ha ha - covered in foam - looks like that was fun.

Shaking it off.

Aww - our little spider-girl.
She's always doing the Spiderman pose - love it!

Ice cream treat.

Calaway Park.

Fishing for prizes.

I remember going on a water ride like this when I was a kid in EuropaPark and I just loved it.

Looks like Crystal and the two girls enjoyed it too.

This ride would not be for me but looks like they all had fun on it.
Glad they had a good weekend.
Can't wait to see Freya when she gets back.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment