Tuesday 9 August 2022

Weigh In, Groin Issues and Pizza! (Aug.8, 2022)

 Monday means weigh in day so first thing this morning I was on the scale.

I didn't really want to get on because I knew I've been eating whatever and that it would be up but I think it's important for me to be real and check in and not let things run away.

I was 204 and no surprise there.
I feel like I need to reign it in right away but also I kind of know that I'm not going to do that seriously until after the marathon is over.
But then both Jason and I have decided that we are going to get back on track together.

That's up 4.2 lbs since last weigh in.

Freya spent the night last night and when she got up this morning, she requested noodles for breakfast.
Jason sent me this picture of her eating her 'breakfast'.

Since I'd skipped my run on Saturday, I planned on pushing everything ahead a day so today I was supposed to be running the 15k that was on the schedule for yesterday.

When I got home at lunch time, my belly was feeling a little topsy turvy so I decided to hop on the treadmill.

My groin was bothering me a lot so I thought if I just took it slow for the first bit, it would warm up and I'd be good to go but that did not happen.

I wasn't able to go faster than a speed of 3.5 and even that was hurting my groin.
It took me almost a half hour to just go 1.5 miles (2.5k).

Then my treadmill froze up on me so I decided to give up on that.

I thought maybe if I went to the park and ran on the cushy trail there that might feel easier on my groin.
So I headed down there, Jason and Freya came with me and I just ran laps around the park.

Freya wanted to run with me so she did run almost a full lap.
I'm glad she sees us being active - hopefully it will be a normal thing to her and she'll just do it to.
You know what they say, lead by example.

The pain in my groin was just not easing up at all.





I knew I wasn't going to get the whole 15k done so I decided I'd try to at least get half then I'd do the rest after work.
I left the car there with Jason and ran down to the office.
I figured that way, I'd be forced to run home at the end of the day.

I made it to the office but I struggled and hobbled the whole way.

So I ran 2.5k on the treadmill and 7k between the park and going to the office for a total of 9.5k.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
I was actually expecting them to be even worse than this because I felt like I was doing barely more than a walk at some points.

My video check in for today.

I am so upset right now about my groin.
I don't really know what to do - I feel like I should give it some rest but also, the marathon is less than two weeks away.

If this had happened earlier in the training schedule, I might have taken a week off but I don't feel like I have the time to do that right now but I also don't want to aggravate it more and possible not be able to run at all.

So it has me feeling really worried to be honest.

Ultimately I decided to not run home at the end of the day today.

I think I'll call it good with the 9.5 then I'm going to abandon my plan of pushing everything ahead by a day and tomorrow I'll just run whatever is on the schedule and I'll keep Wednesday as my rest day.

I'll take advil and tylenol and take my runs really easy, ice my groin and just try to get through the rest of my runs and make it to the marathon as healthy as possible.

I'm too close to give up now.

So Jason and Freya came down and picked me up after work.

When we got home, Jason fired up the pizza oven and cooked up more pizzas for supper with the rest of the dough he had from yesterday.

He just put cheese on them and they were so good.

While he cooked pizzas, I cut my pvc pipe into slices.
Then I washed them and started gluing them together.
I ran out of pvc cement so I wasn't able to finish up but I'll pick some up tomorrow and finish the rest up tomorrow night.
Once that's done, I'll give them a coat of white spray paint then they'll be ready to set up and I can't wait to see how it looks when I'm done.

Haylee dropped over to pick up Freya and had some pizza with us before heading to baseball.
She took Freya with her and she was excited to go play with the other kids that were going to be there.

I sat on the couch and iced my groin and just took it easy for the rest of the evening.

This Facebook memory popped up today - this was from our trip to Chetwynd last year.
I saved it for inspiration - I was looking good then.

We both were.

We still look good - in fact, I think Jason looks the same but I on the other hand can see and feel the difference of 20 pounds so as soon as we are back from Iceland I'm ready to get back at it.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment