Monday 1 August 2022

Back to Crafting and Lake Life (July 30, 2022)

 I woke up early this morning and couldn't fall back asleep so I just got up.

I watched a couple episodes of Welcome to Plathville while I had my morning coffee.

I also watched some crafting YouTube videos and on one of them (Unicorn Dust Designs) she made this cute, easy reindeer and I had the stuff I needed to make a couple so I thought I'd give them a try.

I got a coat of paint on the parts, the round wood slices will be the noses and the blocks will be the heads.

I will need to go gather some sticks for the antlers but we are right in the bush here so that will be easy enough.

I had another 10k to run today.
I got ready to head outside but it was raining and windy and my belly was feeling a bit queasy (I haven't been eating the healthiest lately) so I decided to do my run on the treadmill instead.

I had to run super slow so it took me longer than it would have outside but it's done and that's the main thing.
One hour and 40 minutes to run 6.3 miles or 10k.

My check in video for today.

After my run, I had a nice hot bath then I got ready to head to the lake.

I'm spending the night at Bonnie's lake lot so I can have a visit but also so I can do my 27k run there tomorrow.

There is a long section of road that I can run on and it's pretty flat - I think it's about 12k so I can do an out and back plus a bit on the highway to make up the 27k that I need.

Lower altitude too which will be nice.

Nadine arrived there after I did and stopped by Bonnie's to visit for a couple hours in the afternoon.
Then I went with her to check out this sign she is making and to help her with it but instead we ended up going to the Kinuso Mercantile ( they have so much great stuff at that store) and to a yard sale that was going on in town.

I got a whole box of craft magazines (for free)

And a whole box of kids books again for free.
It was the end of the day and they didn't want to haul all that stuff back in so they insisted that we take it.
So score!
I guess going to a yard sale a the end of the day is a good time to go.

I brought a couple of left over burgers from last night for my supper.
It was nice to just kind of hang out - Bonnie and June have a beautiful spot there.



Their daughter Kayla came for the night, her boyfriend Mac came along as well so I got to meet him for the first time.
He seems like a nice fellow.

June's sister Judy and her fellow, Andre were also there for the weekend.

Nick and Belinda popped by for a visit too.
(The little guest house you can see in the background here is where I slept)

It's so relaxing there.

We spent the evening just hanging out and chatting - it was really nice.
There was game playing and smores - all the fun camp out things.

I had planned on going to be around 11 because I wanted to get up early and head out for my run but it was after 12:30 when I finally turned in.

Everyone was still up laughing and having a great time and I really hated to miss any of it but I knew I needed sleep.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get to sleep as they were all right outside my door basically but I knew I had to try.

I heard a bit of laughter but that was it - I was out like a light in no time at all.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment