Wednesday 10 August 2022

8k Run, Ice Cream and Paint Storage Solution (Aug.9, 2022)

I made sure when I got up this morning that I took some Advil and Tylenol right away.

My groin wasn't hurting but I wanted to be able to run pain free.

I took some right before my run at lunch time too and I think it helped.

Sweaty selfie.

I abandoned my plan of pushing everything ahead due to missing Saturday's workout and just decided to call it a miss and hop back on to the regular plan which had an 8k run scheduled for today.

My groin was tender at first but once I got going it was a lot better.
Still there but nowhere near what it was like yesterday which was awesome.

I even half thought about tacking a few extra km's on to make up for missing Saturday and part of yesterday's but decided not to push it.

It is what it is - I don't think missing a few km's this week is going to make or break me at the marathon next week and I'd rather stay healthy than cause myself an injury by trying to follow the plan exactly.

Overall, I only missed 2 workouts from the whole training schedule and then yesterday should have been 12k but I only did 9.5k so I'm really proud of that.

I feel like I'm ready for the marathon - Bring it on!

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.

Jason went out for a 32k run today, I met him when I was finishing up mine.
He has been nursing injuries too and said this was the first time he wasn't hurting on a run in a long time.

So I think we are both ready.

I'm nervous but excited.
Only 11 days away!

My video check in for today.

After work I gave my paint rack that I built from PVC pipe a coat of paint.
While I was doing that, Adrien texted to say that Hunter wanted to come over for a visit so I told him to bring him on over.

We took him for ice cream and it was so nice out that we decided to go over to the park to sit and eat it.

I got Cookie Monster and it was so good.

While we were sitting at the park, Haylee and Freya happened to drive by and see us so of course Freya wanted to come join us.

She was so happy to see us and we were equally happy to see her.

She immediately turned the water park on and they both ran around in there to cool off some.
It was a gorgeous evening.

We bought a pack of Hubba Bubba for Hunter at the store too because he wanted to practice blowing bubbles and he literally put the whole pack in his mouth (except the one piece he gave to Freya).

This is about half of it - he had to throw half of it away because it could barely all fit in his mouth so he couldn't chew it let alone blow bubbles with it.

Eventually though, it was time to go home.

Freya wants to be on Jason's shoulders all of the time lately.

When we got back to the house, Hunter wanted to have another game of Drawful and Kody happened to drop by so he, Hunter, Jason and I all had a couple games.

Then Kody took the kiddos home.
Freya wanted to stay and it's so hard to say No to her but Jason and I both have to work in the morning.

The paint had dried on my paint storage rack so I brought it in and put the paint in it.

It fit most of my larger bottles but I still have over a hundred smaller bottles but I have a few more racks that I made that just need a coat of paint.

I did put a coat on 3 sides of two more racks.
Tomorrow at lunch since I don't have to run, I'll paint the 4th side then after work it should be dry enough for me to put the paint on.

A lot of the smaller bottles are old and likely dried up so I'll go through them all when I'm arranging them on the rack and throw away the ones that are no good anymore.

As you can see - I like thinks to be organized according to color, my closet is organized the same way.

I think it looks awesome here - such a handy way to store paint bottles.

The other racks are a bit skinnier so they will sit on top of this rack but will go up between the shelf on the wall and the wall itself.

I love organizing!!!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment