Monday 8 August 2022

8K Run, Kazoku Ramen and Fantasy Land Hotel (Aug.5, 2022)

 I got to sleep in this morning and I loved it!

Morgan was out and about shopping this morning and she saw this little book she thought Freya and I would enjoy.

We are heading into the city later today so I got out this morning (a bit later than I wanted) to get my run in.

I had 8k to do today.
I decided to do the highway route today, I haven't done it in a while - I figured it would be good for me to get those steep hills in for some extra practice.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.

Video check in for today.

Turns out that we are going to take Freya with us to the city so no movie for us tonight but that's ok.
Spending time with Freya is super fun.
It was close to 3 by the time we headed in to the city so it was after 5 when we got there.

We made one quick stop at Homesense and The Party Store then we went and got some supper.

Freya loves noodles so we decided to go for ramen at our favorite spot, Kazoku Ramen.
It was super busy in there.

She loves making silly faces when I'm trying to take a picture.

Practicing her chopstick skills.

They have the best ramen here.
Not only does Freya love the noodles, she loves the eggs too.
She ate both mine and Jason's

Ha ha - she makes the best faces.

Helping Papa clean up after eating.

After we ate, we headed over to the mall.
Jason booked us a room at the FantasyLand hotel in the West Edmonton Mall.
We checked in then went out in the mall to do some shopping.

It was close to 8 and everything in the mall closes at 9 so we didn't have much time but I was able to grab some energy gummies and gu packs from Sport Check.

I looked at the AlphaFly's too but I couldn't bring myself to spend $300.00 on a new pair so I guess I'll be wearing the ones I have for the marathon.

Then I got Jason and I each a cinnamon roll from Cinnabon (I think it's actually called something else now) on the way back to the room.

It was delicious.
Freya really liked them too.

We just hung out in the room and played games with Freya for the rest of the evening.
She just loves being in a hotel no matter what we are doing so she was happy.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment