Wednesday 3 August 2022

Bad Egg, Happy 65th and Our Girl is Back! (Aug.2, 2022)

 It was back to work at my real office this morning.

It's like rotating vacationer's over here - half the office is back from their vacations but now the other half are gone.

So it is still really quiet around here - I expect it will be like this until summer is over.

I was planning on running outside at lunch time and getting my 8k done but when I went outside, it was super windy so I decided to hop on the treadmill instead.

It's a good thing I did too because (and this may by TMI) but I had to go to the bathroom several times just within the first few minutes and then lots more throughout the workout.

I buy these hard boiled eggs from the store for my morning break sometimes and I think the one I had this morning was bad.

I cut them into 4 and the first section I ate kind of tasted off so I had a second and realized that it definitely was not good.

So I threw the rest of it away and I'm not sure if it would have caused an upset belly that quickly but whatever the reason, I was on and off the treadmill using the washroom for the entire workout.

So it wasn't the best workout - my left groin is bothering me too so I had to take it slow so I did that.

It ended up taking me an hour and 7 minutes to complete the 8k (5 miles) but I got it done.

Tomorrow is a rest day and I am totally looking forward to it.
I'm going to be really good about resting too - I don't want an injury this close to the marathon.

Hard to believe that the countdown is on - only 18 days away!

My video check in for today.

One of our co-workers - John- turns 65 tomorrow so we decorated his office up for him at the end of the day.

I made a sign that says

"Happy Birthday You Old Geezer" 

Then I printed off 65 of them and Shennelle and I hung them all over his office.

Then Elmo is at his front door too with a big sign that says 65!

When I got home, I finished up my reindeer.
I just had to finish painting the eyes, drill holes and glue in the antlers and add the bows.
I like how they turned out - may make a few more.

Paddington was sitting beside me on the couch and looking out the window making all kinds of strange noises so I tried to capture it on a video.

There was a bird out there - he loves watching them.

Great entertainment for a kitty cat.

When Jason got home, he went for a long bike ride then he texted Kody to see if he could pick Freya up and spend the day with her tomorrow since he's on days off now.

Turns out Kody had to go to work at 7:30 so they figured it would be easier if Freya just came and spent the night instead of having to wake her up that early so Kody brought her over.

Cuddling with Papa.

We were so happy to see her - She was gone since last Thursday - that's a long time for us to go without seeing her.

Looks like Paddington has his eyes on Jason's popcorn but really I think he's keeping a close eye on Freya.
Normally he goes and hides as soon as she comes in but he was comfortable on Jason's lap so he didn't want to move but he's not letting her out of his sight.
I think if she even looks at him, he'll be off like a light looking for a place to hide.

Alivia randomly sent me this list of things that she wants (her birthday is coming up right away).
She also sent a message saying that I don't have to get all of it, it's just for ideas.
I thought it was so funny but I do appreciate it.
I was planning on going shopping this weekend for all the upcoming birthdays and I would rather get them something they want so this will be perfect.

I'm in the crafting mood so I was looking for labels for tin cans.
I thought this one was cute.

A laugh for the day.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment