Monday 1 August 2022

Desk Rethink and Craft Room Back Up and Running (July 29, 2022)

 I got up this morning, made a coffee and watched the last couple episodes of Virgin River.

It was good - Now the wait will be on again for the next season.

I should have headed out for my run but I wanted to get to work on my craft room so I did that instead.

I brought the top part of the desk that Jason had built for me yesterday and put a coat of white paint on it so it was ready for me to screw the legs on this morning.

I did that then took it into the craft room to put on the lower portion and realized it was way too tall to work at.

I thought I had measured it all out and that it might be a bit higher than a normal desk but not too high to sit at - I was wrong.

So I was really frustrated - I've wanted to get this desk built for so long and I thought I was finally at the completion point but now I have to rethink it.

I can't really lower the bottom portion because I won't be able to sit at it then so I was stumped.

I called Jason to get his opinion and to vent a little if I'm being honest and he talked me down.

Said he would bring me home some 4x4's so we could make new legs and we'd make it work.

So that made me feel better.

I just left it for a bit and decided to get out and get my run done.

It was another gorgeous day out there.

I had to run 10k so I did a combo of the top of town and the center part of town - it's kind of been my new favorite route.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.

It felt really good to get it done.

My check in video for today.

After my run I had a bit of a cuddle with this fluffy guy.
He is such a cuddle bug.

Then I got back to my craft room.

After some thought, I decided that the one level would work and it's a little short but workable.

I took the whole top section apart and screwed the plywood from it directly onto the plywood on this section to make the top a bit thicker and more sturdy.

Then I had picked up a painting drop cloth to sew up for a skirt bottom for the desk.
I just hot glued it on and I like how it turned out.

I originally wanted the Cricut to be 'under' my work desk which is why I wanted the two layers but I think it will work well on the rolling cart where I have it now.

When I'm cutting a stencil, I can just pull it out from the wall to give it room to cut.

I got everything put back into the room and organized it all.

I had also originally wanted to put the desk on the wall to the right in this picture but I tried it where it is now and I like it much better, feels roomier.

I'm so happy that it is all complete and I can't wait to get back to crafting.

Well, just about complete anyway - I still have some pvc piping to cut up to make a holder for all my craft paint but that's just a minor thing.

I think I'll need to pick up a couple more pipes anyway in order to make it big enough to hold all of my paint.
I've really been in a crafty mood lately so I can't wait to get back at it.

Meanwhile - Crystal posted some pictures from their trip.
I love seeing what they are up to.

They went to a zoo - this is the girls getting to see an grizzly up close.

Awe - so cute.
An Auntie and her little niece.

Big smiles at supper.

Cool wooden bull dozer.

Petting an adorable calf.

Love the zebra print on the lawn tractor.

A wooden punch buggy - how cool is that!

I'd love to have one of these in my front yard - I'd fill it with flowers, kind of have them spilling out all over.- I think it would look so nice.

I'd picked up some ground beef for burgers and when Jason got home, he got them ready to cook and then headed out for a bike ride.

He stopped back at the house after 10k to light the coals on the bbq, went out for another 10k then came back and cooked up the burgers.

I was really craving them so they totally hit the spot.

Then he and I walked down for ice creams again - I just love having ice cream on hot, hot days.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment