Monday 8 August 2022

Feels Like Fall Out There (Aug.4, 2022)

 It's my Friday - Yay!

I worked on Monday which was a holiday so that I could take tomorrow off instead.

Jason worked on Monday and he's off tomorrow so I traded in order to spend some time with him.

I think we are going to head to the city for a night and see a movie.


I had 8k to run today so I headed out on my lunch hour to do that.
It was chilly out there - I had to wear long leggings and a sweater.
Please don't let summer be over yet.

I did a quick loop around the top part of town then finished off by doing about 9 times around the park.
It has a nice, cushiony walkway I thought would be good for my groin issue.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
I don't think I can go any faster due to my groin bothering me but that's ok -  I think if I can maintain around an 8.0 minutes per km for the marathon then I'll be happy with that.

My video check in for today.

Crystal picked some Saskatoon berries at her parents and brought them to Jason so he made her a pie this morning.
I went over and dropped it off to their place after work.

We decided to wait and go to the city tomorrow night and so Kody and Freya came over for a visit and Freya ended up staying to spend the night.

She loves watching creepy videos on YouTube and found one where a swing was swinging but there was nobody was on it and she thought that was just great.

So we got out the rocking chair and tied a string to it so we could show her how to make the rocking chair move when nobody was sitting on it.
So it looked like a ghost was doing it.

+
Ghost rocking chair.
It actually worked pretty well and she thought it was great.

She has such a wild imagination - she's always thinking up these games for us to play.
She'll say 'pretend I'm a ____ and you are a _____ and you saw me and you were doing such and such, okay, do it'
It's so funny.
She'll say Do It, DO IT!
She gets very insistent.
Then once we do it, she wants to do it again.

In this case, she was pretending that she was a creepy doll and Jason was the Dad and I was the Mom and we were scared of her.

Now she's a Creepy Doll come to life.

Jason put the box my cutting mat came in to good use - made a life size person for Freya.
She's dancing with him here.

Next up - she wanted to do a 'sperment' (experiment).
So she and Jason made tapioca slime.

This kid loves all things messy, especially slime!
Grandma on the other hand doesn't like it that much but as long as no more ends up on my ceiling, I'm ok with it.

We let her have her fun with it but then it gets thrown out right afterwards.

Saw this post and I thought it was funny.
I'm not against the LGBTQ+ community or anything just to be clear, I do think it's ok to find humor in things.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment