Thursday 28 July 2022

Marathon is Getting Real and Power Tool Lesson (July 26, 2022)

It's pretty quiet at the office this week, there are only a couple of us in there.

Work has been slow too but like I said a couple days ago - it's giving me the opportunity to get some projects finished up that I've set aside for months.

I was able to get another one off my plate this morning and what a great feeling! 

I headed out on my lunch break and got my run done for the day.

I had to run 8k.
I'm kind of liking this new route I've been doing - saves me from having to run down the highway.

My exercise details and stats.

My average pace and splits.
7.30 is pretty good.

I was feeling good at the end and tried bumping up my speed a little bit.

It's a nice change because normally I'm just dragging by the end, I'm often struggling just to finish so feeling like I have some juice left is awesome.

My video check in for today.

I had a look at the website for the marathon that we are running in Iceland.
Read the rules, looked at the map of the route, the details.

Looks like there are lots of porta potties along the run route, bananas and drinks every 4 km.

It starts at 8:30 and you have to complete it within 7.5 hours to get an official time.
That doesn't mean you can't still finish it if it takes you longer, your time just won't be official.

I'm thinking I'm going to be somewhere in the 5 - 6 hour range.

The count down is on on the website, it's 24 days away which really makes it feel more real somehow.

That's just over 3 weeks away.

I'm nervous, but excited too.

It also makes me feel like I want to try to put my all into the training runs that I have left since I don't really have that many of them.

I've got this!

After work, I had an appointment for a massage.
It's been awhile and let me tell you - I needed it.

I had her work on my legs and my back.
It was like my body was exhaling a sigh of relief when she was working on me - it felt so good.

When I got home, I made a ham and cheese sandwich for myself for supper and kind of just relaxed and didn't do too much.

When Jason got home, he headed out for a 10 k bike ride and when he got back, I was craving an ice cream so we walked to the store and got one each.
It was yummy too.

When we got back to the house, I got him to show me how to use the saw.

I'm kind of afraid of power tools, well ones that cut anyway, and I don't want to be.

I've been in a crafting mood lately so I really want to get my desk finished so I can get my craft room organized again and ready to do crafts.

If it wasn't so late I probably would have cut all the pieces I needed but it was almost 10 so I thought it would be rude of me to make all that noise.

As soon as I get home from work tomorrow though I'm going to be out there getting them cut.
I'll put it together too then I think I'm going to mow the lawn as long as it doesn't rain.

It is my rest day but I like mowing the lawn and I don't want Jason to have to work a 12 hour shift then come home and do it.

He just worked 4 days for his cross shift guy and tomorrow he'll be starting his own 7 days so it's going to be a while before he has a day off.

I think we may have Freya spend the night tomorrow night too.

She's leaving on Thursday for 4 days to go to a family reunion on Haylee's side so we won't see her all weekend.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment