Monday 18 July 2022

8k Run, Buta Ramen and Back Home We Go (June 14, 2022)

We are flying home but later today so we had lots of time to get out and get our runs done. 

I had to do 8k today so we went out to the Shearwater Flyer Trail again.
It was drizzly out there but still hot and humid so it felt pretty good.

8k done!

Our exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.

Training video check in.
The sun shining on the mist on my face makes me look like I have a beard.
Not a good look for me to be honest.

Jason and I wanted to go for some ramen before heading home so we went back to the place we'd been to last time, Buta Ramen.
We tried the baby octopus.

I had the Tantanmen which is pork broth ramen with spicy ground pork, egg and green onion.
I prefer the pork like this over the pork belly.

I think Jason had the Tonkotsu but I can't remember for sure.

It wasn't as good as we remembered it being last time unfortunately.
Might have been just a bad day - we'd give it another try though.

When we got back to Jen's, her and the boys met us over at the boardwalk in Eastern Passage for ice creams.

It's a cute little place, I didn't even realize it was there.
We checked out a couple little stores and I bought a couple little things.

Then before you know it, Jen was taking us to the airport.
We were all checked in and through security in no time.
The restaurant in there was super busy so we just got some snacks, found our gate and chilled there until it was time to go.

It thankfully was an uneventful flight, no turbulence which was perfect for me.
We landed around midnight in Edmonton and we had to wait FOREVER to get out luggage.
I think it was about an hour before it ended up on the carousel.

Then we picked up our car and headed for the hills.
Jason drove, he took tomorrow off (he's smart) but I have to work tomorrow so I tried to get some sleep along the way but it was tough.
I felt bad for leaving Jason 'alone' to watch for animals.

We made it home around 4 am and I headed straight to bed.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment