Monday 18 July 2022

Crafting with Papa, Pennywise and Little Black Bear (June 27, 2022)

 Today was weigh in day and I knew I was going to be up, I could just feel it.

I was 201.2.

That's up a total of 3.4 lbs since last week's weigh in and there is no good reason for it.

I've been creeping up little by little and today is the day that enough is finally enough.
I'll be following WW and tracking my points.
Time to rein things in.

Haylee had to go to work at noon so on my way home for lunch, I picked her and Freya up, dropped her at work and Jason is going to watch Freya for the afternoon.

It was cold and drizzly out there today so I decided to do my run on the treadmill today.

The last time I was on the treadmill it felt really tough but today didn't feel so bad.

I was able to run mainly at a 4.5 but I bumped it up and down.
I got to catch up on some of my Youtuber's that I like to watch.

Took me an hour and five minutes to get my 8k (5 miles) which is a bit longer than it takes me outside but I did have to stop for 2 bathroom breaks so I think the treadmill was the right choice today.

My video check in today.

Purolator came while I was home for lunch and dropped off a package for me.
It's the Pennywise costume Jason ordered for Freya so I sent him a picture to let him know it was here.
A bit later another package arrived from DHL which was the wig Jason ordered to go along with it - pretty cool that both parcels arrived the very same day.

He had a project all planned to do with Freya and he sent me some pictures of their activities.
They were going to make rice and bean art - there were some Nerd candies involved too.

Just checking stuff out.

She loves doing little crafts like this.

She also loves goofing around and being a little entertainer.

Jason drew an outline and got her to put the glue on - as you can see, she isn't one bit concerned with going out of the lines.

Next she added all the beans.

Got all the beans added - lets see what we got!

She loved playing with all the beans and the glue.

It wasn't long before all the beans were mixed up together.

They made all kinds of them.
(Jason made the heart himself).
I think once they are dry I might frame a few and hang them.

He told her that her Pennywise costume had arrived and she really wanted to see it - she wanted to come to my work to get it but Jason didn't have a vehicle with a car seat so I ran it up to the house for them, told them to send me a picture as soon as she had it on.

She couldn't wait to get it on.

She just loved it.

She loves making faces.

He even got her to pose with a red balloon.
Her expression looks like she's miserable but really that's her Pennywise face.

This one was my favorite picture.
She has the face down pat and the furniture just seems to fit.

She just loves all things spooky and creepy - got that from her Mom.

Leaving the office today and this little fellow was sitting in the grass having a snack.
Several people left before me and they all saw him - he wasn't spooked at all, just sat there and continued munching away.

Just a little black bear.

So beautiful.

I sat and watched him for a few minutes then I went up to the house and picked up Jason and Freya to bring them back thinking he might still be there and Freya could see him.

Luckily he was still there and they both got to see him.
Freya just loved seeing him.
She is so wise - she said 'I love living here' - she understands that we live in a place where we are lucky enough to get to see wildlife like this.

He was a bit curious about us but for the most part just continued on eating.

There is a lot of traffic on the highway at that time of day though and he did eventually take off into the woods.

I could see him barely between the trees watching us but he wasn't coming back out so we left.

Freya wanted to go for a drive so we took her, went to the golf course and back hoping to see another bear.

Wasn't long before she was out though.
Haylee was getting home from work right away so we drove around and let her sleep until Haylee got home then we went to drop her off.
Zepplyn was there so she was thrilled to see her and was excited to be home.

Back at the house - I did a bit of cleaning and Jason got supper on the go.

He sliced a pork loin thinly then cooked it on the bbq with some shrimp.

Then we had salad and instant mashed potatoes to go with it and it was delicious.
It felt so good to have a healthy meal too.

I tracked all my points on WW today, I did have some pistachios which put me over my daily total by 3 pts but I'm still really proud of myself.

That's one day down, each day I do it will just get easier and easier.

It's definitely important to me and something I want to make a priority.

I was looking at pictures from last summer and I was feeling so good.
I still feel good but I've slipped a bit and it's time to get back on track.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment